Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. 2 Enemy Names - What is correct?  (Read 23799 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Super Mario Bros. 2 Enemy Names - What is correct?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 08:41:50 am »
Though some of the NES manuals had some errors and oddities (the story of Metroid refers to Samus as a "he", IIRC, and the story of Super Mario Bros. suggests that some residents of the Mushroom Kingdom were turned into bricks - why is Mario killing them?!?), some of them were neat in other regards.  I liked the Super Mario Bros. 2 manual showing the differences in the four characters' running and jumping and vegetable picking, and the Super Mario Bros. 3 manual showing all the things Mario could do.

I think I stopped reading manuals for some reason, so I wouldn't know if they still have neat images in them.  I guess I figured they'd just be full of rendered images of game characters (as opposed to hand-drawn art), lame tips, and that any actual instruction I'd need would come during gameplay.  I tend to just find the Club Nintendo game registration code when I buy a game and then I don't touch all that paperwork that comes with a game ever again.

What was that site that has NES game manual scans?  I might want to check out some of those again...

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 10:04:26 am »
I remember when one friend bought Mega Man 3 for the NES, and it had the original drawings of the Robot Masters that Nintendo Powers horribly mangled...

---

Current projects: Aria Of Sorrow (GBA), Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 11:28:36 am »
JonLeung said:

What was that site that has NES game manual scans? I might want to check out some of those again...

replacementdocs has a lot of NES manual scans.  There may be a larger archive somewhere, but this one seems to be fairly comprehensive.

Offline snesmaster

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 12:58:14 pm »
Another question.  I just got to World 2-1 where you pull out the vegetable and instead of the normal white one the manual calls "Unripened Vegetable" it is smaller and red.  Does any one know the name of this item.  It is not in the manual.

Offline snesmaster

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 08:12:36 pm »
I also ran into another new on in World 2-2.  It is the one that kind of looks like a pumpkin but is red.  I'm guessing it is either a gourd or a pumpkin.  Does anyone know what this is called?

Offline Ryan Ferneau

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 12:15:43 am »
To answer Will's question, according to this page, most of the names are COMPLETELY different. http://themushroomkingdom.net/smb2_j-e.shtml