Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros (Wii)  (Read 9020 times)

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros (Wii)
« on: June 03, 2009, 05:46:11 pm »
So, only yesterday these 2 games were announced at E3 '09. And, I have just one word that describes both games at once. COOL!

So, discuss what you think. SMG2 is scheduled for a 2010, but NSMBWii is scheduled for Holiday 2009.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros (Wii)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 07:12:36 am »
Super Mario Galaxy looks like more of the same.  That's not a complaint, though.  New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a nice change of pace for a fun party game.  Music games, shooters, racers, fighters, and mini-games have been the norm and so a multiplayer platformer would at the very least be refreshing.  Why didn't they put Wario and Waluigi in place of Yellow Toad and Blue Toad?  I think Waluigi needs to be in a "real" game (sports, partying, and DDR: Mario Mix don't really count).

Well, as a Mario fan, shouldn't you be looking forward to Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March On as well?  There sure is a lot of Mario revealed this year.  I love the Mario & Luigi games - playing Bowser as well this time around looks like a lot of fun - but I didn't seriously play much of the second Mario Vs. Donkey Kong and there are other games I have to catch up on so I don't know if I ever will play this new one.  I used to like Lemming-type games, but not so much anymore for some reason.  Now if it was more like the first, that would be good, but I guess there is enough platforming in the other Mario series.