VGMaps
November 17, 2017, 06:11:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VGMaps: underappreciated resource / "state of the forums"?  (Read 3093 times)
JonLeung
Administrator

« on: July 07, 2009, 09:02:38 PM »

Perusing Google results for "VGMaps" or "The Video Game Atlas" is an amusing way to waste some time.

I stumbled upon the DS Ultimate Forums, where a topic mentions VGMaps as #1 in a list of "3 Underappreciated Resources Related To Video Games".  Whether this site is #1 for being the most underappreciated, or the first that came to mind, I suppose either is flattering.  And when you consider the list actually has five sites listed instead of three, that's better...right?

DS Ultimate Forums said:
Great site, and from the state of their forums, one that gets way less respect that it deserves.

Well, some days I do think the forums could be more lively.  Every now and then you get that hot topic that a dozen people chime in on but then it's quiet for another few days.  I've always wondered about that...and leave it to the Internet to confirm and increase my insecurities.  :p

Not to miss the point, though, let me thank you guys again for all you've contributed to VGMaps.com.  I can't remember the last time I said that so there we go.  Smiley  Maybe one day you'll get appreciation from more than just me, and the handful of Internet users that actually know we exist in this corner of the Web.
Maxim

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 01:07:09 AM »

You don't want a forum where there's a thousand kiddies posting incoherent badly-spelt gibberish that's a repeat of something two topics down, "me too", 500KB signatures, and all that other nonsense. A tightly-focused forum populated by people who care about the site is much better.

Personally, if the forums were more "lively" that would be more disrespectful.
The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 11:31:41 AM »

Yeah, I admit DS Ultimate Forums does have a heck of a lot of people who think it's cool to type "like n00bs coz im leik so cool omg i dont no how 2 spel or 2 use capital letters omg i am soooo immature". But there aren't THAT many... heck, probably only 100 or so are actually regularly active (of the 2600+), and of those, only about 5-10 of them (maybe 20) speak like immature idiots... most of us (I've been a member since January 2007), are normal people who type normally and don't spam with 500 pictures in the signatures.
Maxim

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 04:37:23 PM »

I wasn't making any comment on DS Ultimate Forums - I was describing 99% of "active" forums on the InterTubes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: