Author Topic: Screenshot Autostitcher  (Read 118369 times)

Offline Maxim

Re: Screenshot Autostitcher
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2013, 12:25:15 am »
You need to alter the thresholds to stop that happening.

Offline feos

• TASVideos.org
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2013, 09:21:52 am »
This happens when the map has repeating little fragments, the program has no idea where one starts and another ends. Try my predefined settings:
http://code.google.com/p/feos-tas/downloads/detail?name=screenshotautostitcher07.7z

Offline Maxim

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2013, 12:44:57 pm »
It's not so much repeating segments as large solid areas. Since they always match at any overlap point, you need to increase the minimum match percentage so it will have to match the other parts of the map as well. There's no optimal settings for every game, you should expect to tune it for every game or even different parts of each level, in the trickier cases.

A more intelligent matching algorithm would try to detect features and match them across frames. This might even be faster than my brute force method, and would not be affected by blank areas.

Offline feos

• TASVideos.org
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2013, 01:37:55 pm »
Thinking of improving the tool?

Offline Maxim

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2013, 04:39:38 pm »
No :-) It's very simplistic, if someone out there wants to do better then I can give my suggestion on what algorithm to use, but it's a lot harder than just counting matching pixels...

Offline feos

• TASVideos.org
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2024, 05:55:39 am »
Can't get it to work with video anymore in 64-bit Windows 7 or 10. Had to export the video into an image sequence. Otherwise it can't advance through the video itself, lossless or uncompressed.