Author Topic: How to make a video game map. Basic Mapping Methodology.  (Read 34190 times)

AereVoS

Re: How to make a video game map. Basic Mapping Methodology.
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 05:10:17 am »
WOW! I mean...WOW!
Thank you so much for all your replies! I knew that this community is special (all your magnificent work proves this...) but I am really impressed with the scientific and academic approach that you use in order to describe your methodology and your techniques. I will read all your posts one by one because I am really interested for the mapping of the digital space of video games.

In my research I often use the argument that the most vast, the most visited, traveled and populated "type" of digital space is the space of video games. That's why the mapping of this space is so important. I myself have been a gamer for more than 30 years, since the age of 7, and I have experienced the arcade era, the computer game era, the console era and lately the mmorpg and the VR era.

I hadn't logged in to the forum for a long time because my academic duties do not allow me to have enough spare time but I hope that in the future I will have the opportunity to contribute to the mapping of the video game world.

Thank you again for all this valuable info.

PS. If anyone wants any type of cooperation in video game design or video game research, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Offline LooneyTunerIan

Re: How to make a video game map. Basic Mapping Methodology.
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2019, 04:16:26 pm »
I need an update for best map making tools and stuff.

Does anybody know what emulators or software tools are best used to get maps from:

Game Boy/Game Boy Color/Game Boy Advance
SNES
Genesis
Arcade