Author Topic: I got an email from osrevad.  (Read 12478 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
I got an email from osrevad.
« on: June 06, 2006, 05:58:27 pm »
He didn't mention where he is (or else I missed it even after rereading his email) but he won't be back home until April 10th, 2008.  That's like 22 months from now.

Until then, he must be in limbo or on a secret mission or something, because he can only access his email about once a week and doesn't have the capability or time to do any Internet browsing.

I'll have to dig in the old forum topics since he was apparently actually submitting those WoW maps he was working on, but aside from those, we won't see any more maps from osrevad during his apparent absence.

So, yeah, if you kinda know him, I can tell him your email address or I could PM you his email address or whatever.

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: I got an email from osrevad.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 06:16:34 pm »
Well, I didn't particularily know him, but he's one more faces gone from the board, which sucks. If you reply to his mail, just tell him I hope he's alright and we're hoping to see him again one day.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 06:55:04 pm »
Aww, guess I'll have to take him off my AIM list. Another mapper gone. Seems like we're losing more active mappers than gaining.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 07:26:14 pm »
So far, Mephea and Osrevad are gone for an undetermined amount of time, Edsword and Wileee are busy with Real Life, and a few haven't shown up since the board went under. If the Mega Man poll is any indication of the number of active mappers, that means we're 6 or 7 at the most.

Really depressing :(

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 07:45:53 pm »
JJ Maxx was pretty active for awhile too. Then he faded away.... Zeric also said he's not going to do much mapping anymore.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 08:54:21 pm »
Well, no wonder why the next Atlas Project hasn't seen much interest.  :(

Offline Jade

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 11:58:02 pm »
I am still around but I dont have stuff to do...lol!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 05:39:41 pm »
This week's update from osrevad:

Not much, actually, but he mentioned that his lack of access to the Internet (and practical disappearance to all of us) is because he's busy doing Mormon stuff.

I think it's great that he can do something like that - regardless of your faith (or lack of, in some cases), you'd have to recognize that it takes real dedication to give up something like the Internet, and possibly other luxuries, for nearly two years.

He does get email once weekly as I mentioned, though, but as he hasn't had Internet since April he was in awe at the Wii news I mentioned (he didn't even know it was officially named the Wii last he saw) and he gave me links to where he thinks the WoW maps he made are (I forgot to check the old forum topics to see if they are there).

But, yeah, wow.  2 years.  As VGMaps.com itself has only been around for slightly more than four, that's a long time.  I wonder who the regular crew will be, if our forums will still be intact (no iteration has lasted a year yet), how much bigger VGMaps.com will be (assuming it's still around), etc. by the time he comes back, if he does.