Author Topic: Blaster Master (NES)  (Read 13203 times)

Offline sonyball

Blaster Master (NES)
« on: January 28, 2007, 07:20:37 pm »
please visit http://sonyball.bokee.com/6075342.html

and more nes game maps comiled by myself:

http://sonyball.bokee.com/catalog_9.html

include dd dd2

i am very happy to share my maps.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Blaster Master (NES)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 07:39:08 am »
Blaster Master was one of my favourite games, one of the few non-Nintendo-published/developed games I own.  I love that vehicular retraversal was done so well.  It's one of the more deeper and challenging NES games...and as usual, Sunsoft puts out incredible NES graphics.

My brother made the wrap-around maps currently on the site.  He didn't use an editor but he soon found that the individual Areas actually wrap around in a 2048 x 2048 space, which explains some of the shortcuts back to the Gate in certain Areas (2, 6, and 7 come to mind).  I really like these wrap-around maps, but I wonder if an editor (I know one exists) could recreate the maps really easy.

But your maps...wow!  With all Areas mapped (including both versions of Area 4, apparently), as well as all the dungeon-type areas, I'll definitely put them up, but then I have to figure out of there's any worth of having my brother's maps here anymore...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 07:43:42 pm »
Okay, the Blaster Master maps are up.  Next time, send me an email.  The "Map Gab" forum is really for completed maps, I might miss the contributions if the topic about them is there.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 09:14:02 am »
Oops, I didn't notice that you wanted to share Double Dragon and Double Dragon II: The Revenge.  If I remember, I'll get to those soon.

EDIT: They're up now.

Offline UraniumAnchor

Re: Blaster Master (NES)
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 01:13:42 am »
So I ran across this and was just curious how you ended up making these maps because they contain a lot of data that is otherwise unreachable, but it seems to match up pretty nicely to the maps I posted here quite some number of years ago when I wrote a map editor.