Author Topic: VGMaps + Gameplay Footage = ???  (Read 47321 times)

Offline NESAtlas

Re: VGMaps + Gameplay Footage = ???
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 05:18:01 pm »
Those were great. I've never played Zelda II (:-[) so I was rather lost as to what was going on, but fun to watch nonetheless. And the Marble Madness one was certainly madness. :P

Nice job.

Thanks!

Here's Kid Icarus: Stage 3-4

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2010, 03:32:06 pm »
Nice job. I like the zoom outs at the end of Gimmick!'s and the Castle Exterior. I always get lost in Kid Icarus, and seeing the sheer number of rooms the player didn't even visit, it's no wonder. I'd be lost for hours there, maybe even days. :P
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline NESAtlas

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 01:24:10 pm »
Just finished Jackal: Stage 6

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 10:51:18 pm »
I always get lost in Kid Icarus, and seeing the sheer number of rooms the player didn't even visit, it's no wonder. I'd be lost for hours there, maybe even days. :P

Best way to not get lost: Make your own map!

Offline Will

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 11:35:56 pm »
Great. I'm impressed that from the map you erased the guards after killing them and kept the exit door open after pressing the pressure plate that opens it.

Offline NESAtlas

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 04:49:46 pm »
Great. I'm impressed that from the map you erased the guards after killing them and kept the exit door open after pressing the pressure plate that opens it.

Thanks!

And now Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (Laruba Mansion)

Offline NESAtlas

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 03:12:53 pm »
I've added a few more since Castlevania II... and also my first 16-bit attempt!

Adventures of Lolo (ADHD version ;))
Sonic CD: Palmtree Panic 2

Unfortunately the map I got was from ImageShack, but the person who brought it to my attention says TerraEsperZ made it. Is there a reason why it's not listed on here? I found a topic which appeared to be a work-in-progress but I think the maps were removed from that thread as well. Just wanted to correctly attribute the work!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:14:49 pm by AndyDick »

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 03:34:43 pm »
It's not listed because I very rarely submit maps to the site unless I've finished mapping the whole game, which is something that probably won't happen in Sonic CD's case (and many others unfortunately). Glad that it was useful though, and don't hesitate if you need the others I've done of that game. I'm not sure why they vanished from the thread, but that might have been because I didn't have an Imageshack account back then, so they probably got deleted after a while of not being accessed.

Someday I'll have to do some maintenance on all those unfinished in-progress threads of mine...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:39:43 pm by TerraEsperZ »
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010, 04:22:16 pm »
Nice job. I like the effect of viewing the cutscenes through the grid of borders. How much effort did it take to do the Sonic one like that? I can't imagine editing out the background in every single frame would be any small task. It's definitely impressive.
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline NESAtlas

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 05:08:12 pm »
Nice job. I like the effect of viewing the cutscenes through the grid of borders. How much effort did it take to do the Sonic one like that? I can't imagine editing out the background in every single frame would be any small task. It's definitely impressive.

Thanks! Luckily the emulator I used allows different layers to be turned off; therefore I got around the parallax background issue. This technique makes SNES games possible to use as well. My first for that console will most likely be DKC2... more specifically this map.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 05:12:59 pm by AndyDick »