Author Topic: Pitfall II - Lost Caverns (PCjr)  (Read 7083 times)

Offline Luchsen

• Look, Zen!
Pitfall II - Lost Caverns (PCjr)
« on: May 15, 2010, 04:16:16 pm »
Just had a first try at Pitfall II - Lost Caverns for PCjr. I jumped down the big ladder, so I could autostich the video (only vertical scrolling, horizontally it's screen swapping). The invincibility cheat I made with Cheat Engine was helpful, otherwise I would have been taken back to the checkpoint (red cross) several times. It will also be helpful for the annoying way up on the other side (if you don't know what I'm talking of: count yourself lucky). In addition, the cheat allows to climb at any line parallel to the ladders.

I'm meditating on if I should include the enemies. If I do it, I will probably take the first position they are fully visible, which means a lot of short video takes and using Autostitcher frame per frame...

It will be a map with notable horizontal and vertical spread but without blank spaces - wonderful!  ;D

Offline KingKuros

Re: Pitfall II - Lost Caverns (PCjr)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 06:36:10 pm »
On the ones I did for the Atari 2600, Atari 5200, and Commodore 64, I left out the enemy and player sprites.  I'm not sure if you're aware of these maps or not.