Author Topic: Speaking of raw parts  (Read 12805 times)

Offline Trop

Speaking of raw parts
« on: March 27, 2011, 11:04:15 pm »
Recently Paco and I collaborated to map out Mystic Ark.  He made the raw maps and I marked them up.  It worked out really well and it made me think about all the unmarked maps I have on my site that I'll never get around to marking up.  So I decided to let everybody here take a crack at them.  VGMapper contributors get first dibs but here that's only Dark Wolf, Flying Armor, Paco, and Peardian.  If anybody's interested here's the list or all the games on VGMapper that I've made full sets of raw maps for:

Paco has called:
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire 2
Earthbound

Flying Armor has called:
Brain Lord

The other games I've made raw maps for:
Actraiser 2
Castlevania 4
Donkey Kong Country 2
Dragon View
Earthworm Jim 2
Hexen (N64)
Illusion of Gaia
Magna Braban
Magic Sword
Ogre Battle 64
Ogre Battle
On the Ball
Pitfall (SNES)
Rambo (NES)
Secret of Mana
Space Quest 3
Space Quest 4
Super Metroid
Ultima Runes of Virtue 2
Wizardry 8 (PC)

Paco adds to the list:
Lands Of Lore Guardians Of Destiny (PC)

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:32:39 am by Trop »

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: Speaking of raw parts
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 11:08:16 pm »
I'm certainly not going to participate in this, since marking up maps is the part I *hate* the most :P!
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Trop

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 11:15:58 pm »
It appears to be what I'm best at.  You can add your own unmarked maps to the list if you want like Paco did.

Offline FlyingArmor

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 11:27:16 pm »
I must've not read that e-mail clearly when you sent it or I might've come up to the plate sooner.

I think I'll take Brain Lord. I really like that game. :D

Offline Trop

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 08:32:52 am »
OK.

Offline Cleeem

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 05:22:13 am »
[...] it made me think about all the unmarked maps I have on my site that I'll never get around to marking up.  So I decided to let everybody here take a crack at them.
If anybody's interested here's the list or all the games on VGMapper that I've made full sets of raw maps

After almost 10 years (2011 ^^), I post here because I have the pleasure to have used your maps of Dragon View, dear Tropicon to make a completed version for it:
  • add all chests
  • add important people
  • add secrets (missing secret rooms, items ...)
  • add a lot of names & info to help
  • add all map location (50 mini-maps of the Owerworld)
Everything is 100% finished and I will provide it here on vgmaps in a few days. :-)
Thanks for allowing me to do this.
Without your work, I would never have started anything for this game. ^^

click here for all the maps:
https://vgmaps.com/Atlas/SuperNES/index.htm#DragonView

« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 02:38:14 am by Cleeem »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 05:22:52 pm »
Tropicon, you've also made maps for most of Kirby: Super Star (Super NES).

It's probably one of the best Kirby games ever (because of its variety and yet is still epic), probably only surpassed by its remake, Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS), which added even more stuff.  All of the "games" within are very much Kirby games, but there are differences between each of them which mix it up.

One of the best segments is The Great Cave Offensive, which, like most of them, is also a Kirby platformer, though this is not simply racing through a linear obstacle course to the end.  There are treasures to find, so making use of powers in the right places to locate and access treasure chests is the core of this experience.

I love Tropicon's raw maps for The Great Cave Offensive, but I think it would be really cool to show where the treasure chests are, as well as their contents and value.  It's sort of neat for trivia references as treasures include items from other Nintendo games, like the Falcon Helmet (F-Zero), Mr. Saturn (EarthBound), Kong's Barrel (Donkey Kong), Pegasus Wing (Kid Icarus), and the Triforce (The Legend Of Zelda).  The Triforce is quite valuable, which is unsurprising at first glance, but at 800,000 G, it's tied in value with a couple other items and somehow not worth as much as the Katana at 990,000 G.

(Retranslations in the Ultra version on DS would properly name Screw Attack (Metroid), Phanto Mask (Super Mario Bros. 2), Koopa Shell (Super Mario Bros.) and Falchion (Fire Emblem), and then replace some items with Machine Parts (Kirby: Air Ride), Power Paintbrush (Kirby: Canvas Curse), Cell Phone (Kirby And The Amazing Mirror), Three-Star Cane (Kirby: Squeak Squad), and the Gold Watering Can (Animal Crossing).)

So I think it would be really cool if those are also up for being marked up.