VGMaps
September 24, 2018, 10:19:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FlyingArmor's Map Projects Present and Future  (Read 51006 times)
FlyingArmor

« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2017, 08:08:47 PM »

I submitted the last batch of maps for Ultima VI back in April, so that game has been complete for a few months now.

Also, last week I submitted maps for Daedalian Opus and it's Japanese counterpart, Bouken! Puzzle Road for the Game Boy. The reason for mapping the Japanese version as well was that I discovered that it had more levels than the North American version, a total of six more. But when comparing the two games more closely, you'll see that the puzzle orders don't line up one to one. Some puzzles that appear later in Daedalian Opus end up appearing far earlier in Bouken! Puzzle Road (the puzzle in the shape of a gun is one such). There's a few puzzles exclusive to the North American version as well, which I found rather interesting.

JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2017, 07:07:13 AM »

Some localization efforts are weird.  It's like the American branch/division of these game companies just want to do something more than just translate them or change cultural references.  Unless there really is some kind of spike in difficulty, it seems nearly pointless to shuffle puzzles around.  And adding puzzles is one thing, but removing some?  Why?
Shortie12

« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2018, 12:29:50 PM »

Your maps are the best. I can't wait for Lufia the Legend Returns to be finished. It is obvious you put a lot of time into your maps. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate it.
FlyingArmor

« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2018, 04:42:48 PM »

Things have been fairly quiet here for quite some time now, so here's some status updates on what I'm currently working on. A lot of the following games I've had some work done for for a long time now, so I thought it high time to see those projects through to completion.

Final Fantasy VI (SNES). Although I had completed this game years ago, I completely forgot about adding the Chocobo Stables from the overworld so I submitted the one from the World of Balance a number of months ago. I still have yet to submit the one for the World of Ruin though (didn't think they existed at the time).

Light Fantasy (SFC). This game is finally fully mapped!

Ganbare Goemon Gaiden: Kieta Ougon Kiseru (FC). Originally requested in the forum. Currently only working on the overworld map, but will probably map everything else at some point.

Shinseiki Odysselya (SFC). I had a few maps for this game done a number of years ago, but since I hadn't committed myself completely to mapping the game in its entirety then, I didn't bother to get them up onto VGMaps.

Lufia: The Legend Returns (GBC). I still need to finish playing this before I can work on it fully, but I do have a number of the early areas mapped out, they just lack the treasure labels.

Legend of the Ghost Lion (NES). Haven't played this game to the end just yet, but I have at least 50% of the game mapped out thus far.

Final Fantasy VII (PSX). I'll get to the overworld map some time this year. Wink

Thanks for the very kind words Shortie12! Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 08:38:36 PM by FlyingArmor » Logged

YelseyKing

« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2018, 10:13:39 PM »

Oh hey, it's my... one post a year or whatever. Tongue

I'm digging those Shinseiki Odysselya maps, but I have a question. Is there a translation patch for that game somewhere, or are the treasures and such your own translations? I know that game was slated for an English release (as "Lost Mission", shown in an issue of Nintendo Power), but... I have no idea if a ROM of it was ever leaked and dumped.
FlyingArmor

« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2018, 08:38:46 AM »

Thanks YelseyKing! I should devote a bit more time to it since it's such a massive game (the overworld map itself is probably gonna be somewhere around 8000 x 6000 pixels big once I'm done with it).

All the labels are my own translations. I don't know of any translation patch, whether already in existence or in the works. Thankfully the item names are pretty straightforward in this game. Granhistoria on the other hand... I remember the recovery items were named rather strangely.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: