Author Topic: Metal Storm (NES)  (Read 15223 times)

Offline NESAtlas

Metal Storm (NES)
« on: May 10, 2011, 06:14:13 pm »
I got a request to make an Atlas Video for Metal Storm from the Happy Video Game Nerd... specifically level 2 or 6. I believe TerraEsperz has this game as a WIP, but I figured I'd throw this out there regardless.

;D

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: Metal Storm (NES)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 07:30:10 pm »
I'm afraid to even try to count how many games I've *almost* fully mapped. Let me check that particular one...

What the *hell* is that map folder doing in the Abandoned directory? I must have misplaced it while moving folders around several months ago. After surveying what I've done so far, I can say that there was only the second half of stage 4 left to be mapped for the Normal mode. I'm not interested in mapping the Expert mode since there are way too many enemies to track their positions.

Anyway, final formatting isn't done with any of them but if those two levels are needed in a hurry, I can share the raw maps right now. Finished maps would take a few weeks since I don't have enough free time as it is and I'm really trying to finish Clock Tower (SNES). Would that be enough?
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline NESAtlas

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 09:43:38 am »
The 2 raw maps should be just fine. These two levels go infinitely in both horizontal and vertical directions so I'll have to work some magic anyways.

Thanks Terra!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 08:31:09 am by AndyDick »

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 12:07:08 pm »
I'll send them as soon as I get home from work, so in about 4 hours or so from now.
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 12:49:55 am »
Here are the parts for Stage 2:
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 12:50:37 am »
And here are the parts for Stage 6:
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 12:53:11 am »
Neither are assembled yet since I wanted to align the first and second area for each but when aligned, the second one doesn't look as good and seems off vertically. Anyway, you can modify these as you please for the purpose of the video, it'll be quicker since it's going to be a few days until I can post finished versions to the site.
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline NESAtlas

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 08:23:17 am »
These looks great! Thanks Terra... I'll post the video(s) here when I'm done. Might take a couple days or so.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 11:10:47 am »
Are these official submissions?  You know how it is...I like them emailed, if they are.  Despite being on the forums all the time, I do think I miss them if people show off their maps here and expect me to scoop them up.

And if these aren't official submissions, I eagerly await for when they are.

I was thinking of perhaps starting a new themed multi-game request...you know, like my recreation of the "NES Atlas".  My next request might be for games that have graced the covers of Nintendo Power (though probably limiting it to NES, Game Boy, and Super NES, back when the magazine was in its prime, actually good, actually useful since it was before the Internet, and didn't have ads).  I remember my first subscribed year (1991) very, very well...Metal Storm was the cover of the March 1991/Vol. 22 issue...and I'm fairly certain I'm correct about that without having to look it up.  :P  So this would help check that off the list before I even get around to making it.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 07:01:20 pm »
No, they're not official, but the real ones are being worked on hard to finish them as soon as possible. I just wanted to give NESAtlas a chance to do whatever he's planning to do.

Incidentally NESAtlas, since both of those stages use extensive parallax background effects, would you prefer to have the various layers separately? There are two for Stage 2 (stage and background) but there are three for Stage 6 (stage, background and those stationary barrier projector) and it might allow you to do something that looks even more kickass than ususal :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 10:03:47 am by JonLeung »
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline NESAtlas

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 08:29:48 am »
That's a great idea! Simulating a parallax background would most definitely be kickass  :D

I haven't started yet so please do post them if you have them!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 05:36:33 pm »
I'd prefer to send them directly by email if you don't mind. I don't like posting the separate elements of my maps, so just give me an address by private message and I'll send you all the layers in separate files in a RAR or ZIP archive (your choice) to help you work your magic :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 05:40:50 pm by TerraEsperZ »
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)