Author Topic: Nintendo Power - 1988-1996 cover games  (Read 138968 times)

Offline Will

Re: Nintendo Power - 1988-1996 cover games
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2012, 07:03:08 am »
I have done two more levels of Rabbit Rampage. The second level co-stars a bloated version of Nasty Canasta, several copies of Hiawatha from Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt and several copies of Hot Red Ryder from Buckaroo Bugs. Hot Red Ryder now wears polka-dotted underpants instead of a diaper with a gold-plated safety pin.

The third level co-stars Toro the Bull and there cameo appearances of Pepe Le Pew, Sylvester, Taz, Road Runner, Wile E. Coyote, Porky, Foghorn Leghorn, Beaky Buzzard, Junyer Bear, Speedy Gonzales, Hippety Hopper, Sam Sheepdog, Playboy Penguin, Marc Anthony & Pussyfoot, Michigan Frog, Elvis, Henery Hawk and some other characters I do not recognise the goose (probably Mother Goose), a beige cat, a purple cat, a wildcat, a red-nosed lion and a goat.

I thought I'd see so many characters from the entire Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies series.

Offline LTIan

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2012, 12:18:26 pm »
I hope you'll be able to rip all of the levels before the end of the week! :D

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2012, 09:08:52 pm »
So Nintendo Power has met its demise...  :(

What a sad day; I've made clear that the inspiration for VGMaps.com is that magazine...

All the more reason to keep this topic going!  Not to mention this site...

Offline Will

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2012, 05:19:06 am »
Sorry for a little disappointment Ian, but I've reached a difficult level in Rabbit Rampage, so I'm afraid the whole mapset won't be ready in time for the end of the week. But do enjoy what comes.

In level 1.3, you'll see Witch Hazel, the three little pigs and the big bad wolf from the cartoon "Windblown Hare", once again the Goofy Gophers, Hansel and Gretel and last but not least Yosemite Sam. In the following level 2001, there's the Insta-Martians and Marvin himself.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2012, 08:08:11 pm »
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time didn't come out until 1998, so it wasn't on the original listing here of Nintendo Power cover games...but what the hey...it's worth mentioning that it's now fully mapped.  Awesome job, Peardian!  :D

Offline Will

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 10:27:04 am »
I have finally finished Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. By the time you see the maps, you'll notice a few of them have some white gaps in them because I could not reach or access those areas, nor could I find any walk-through wall code to get them. If anyone is interested, feel free to finish where I left off. The maps include:

Hadrian's Wall, Wagon Route, River Crossing, Road to Town

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2012, 09:05:14 pm »
Thanks, Will!  Now all we have left from 1991 is Final Fantasy IV...

Offline dark_lord_zagato@yahoo.co

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2012, 12:15:05 pm »
By the time you see the maps, you'll notice a few of them have some white gaps in them because I could not reach or access those areas, nor could I find any walk-through wall code to get them.

Hadrian's Wall, Wagon Route, River Crossing, Road to Town

Just noticed that and thought i'd like to mention the debug menu. It lets you walk through walls, so you'll be able to finish your maps. I made a code for the VirtuaNES which activates it, and it can also be triggered by a long screen code which is posted at the cutting room floor.

00EE-01-01 My VirtuaNES code, but on other emulators 00EE:01 might work too.

http://tcrf.net/Robin_Hood:_Prince_of_Thieves#Debug_Menu

Looking forward to it. :)

Offline Will

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2012, 01:07:31 am »
Thank you for the code. It's helped me finish what I started. The remade maps are their way as I speak.

Also I have done two more Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage maps. Previously level 9.1 co-stars Taz alone. Now the 7th level co-stars only Wile E. Coyote and the 8th level co-stars The Crusher and a repeat of cameo appearances from the third level.

Offline Will

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2012, 04:40:54 am »
I have finally completed Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage. The ninth level has no particular cats except for the cameos appearance of Sylvester and a special appearance of Pepe Le Pew. The final level has Daffy Duck himself and his alter egos Robin Hood Daffy and Duck Dodgers.

Shall think about what next to do.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2012, 09:24:03 pm »
What about finishing off Kirby's Dream Land 2?  Raccoon Sam said he gave up on that one, though not for any technical obstacle.  So I'd say that's up for grabs if you were up to it.

(It's not on the list, but you did half of Kirby's Adventure...we could use more of that.)

I picked up Kirby's Dream Collection for the Wii and have barely touched it.  Guess it's not priority right now - too much stuff going on lately even without the video games! - and also because I've played them all before.  But at looking at that I was surprised that there aren't many Kirby games mapped at all, and of them, only the first game is fully mapped.  Come one, where's the Kirby love?

Offline Will

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2012, 10:22:53 am »
Okay I have finished off Level 4 where Raccoon Sam left off, plus the Stage End Bonus Map which I have coloured gray-scale for the sake of SGB Colour neutrality. Shall continue the remaining three levels.

Offline AmbitEnerg

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2012, 05:11:56 pm »
I have been creating a checklist for this for a while, but never put up a post about it. Good job bringing peoples attention to it. I am still trying to find the names of each of the characters on each of the covers for issues 177 for my spreadsheet. If you like I can send it to you.

;)
David S. Hunt
Ambit Energy , Sales Consultant
Bay City, Michigan

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2012, 10:02:14 pm »
Looking on the list, can we cross off some of the games that can't possibly be mapped? You know, like Tetris? :P

That makes me think, are the stages in Dr. Mario random, or preset?
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline Will

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2012, 03:44:49 am »
Sent the first map I made of Road Runner's Death Valley Rally, the final Looney Tunes game in the Nintendo Power list.