Author Topic: Portal 2: Songs to Test By - Soundtrack Volume 1 & 2 (FREE)  (Read 8753 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

I know I'm going to sound like a huge fanboy, but I just loved Portal 2 to death. I was really hoping for an official soundtrack since the first Portal only had a few songs released as part of the Orange Box soundtrack. I had already downloaded an unofficial one extracted from the game but it was far from perfect seeing as many songs include dynamic elements related to your activity in the various test chambers and those were missing. Plus, some songs only exist in the game files in their final form (mixed with voices and sound effects for some sequences, or sounding like a low-quality radio broadcast, etc). This has finally been corrected!

I give you Portal 2: Songs to Test By, free and fully official :). From what I can tell, it covers the first part of the game and if you've finished it, you know approximately how much it covers (avoiding spoilers for now).

Apparently, there will be two more volumes and I can't wait for them even if they end up not being free!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:58:59 pm by TerraEsperZ »
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline osrevad

Re: Portal 2: Songs to Test By - Soundtrack Volume 1 (FREE)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 12:28:59 pm »
Do you know why I'm here? I was wondering if the second volume had come out, so I did a Google search for  "Portal 2 soundtrack volume 2" and this was the third result. Small world.

I hope it comes out soon, because I really love about half the tracks from the first. I'm not a huge fan of the more conservative ambient music, but it's worth it for the rest.

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: Portal 2: Songs to Test By - Soundtrack Volume 1 & 2 (FREE)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 05:59:41 pm »
Volume 2 is out and found at the same address! Happy listening :)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)