Author Topic: Wondering how to submit a map  (Read 10398 times)

Offline Ethanmark7199

Wondering how to submit a map
« on: December 19, 2011, 02:01:34 pm »
Hi,

I'm new to VGMaps and I was wondering how to submit a map. Can you please tell me how you submit maps on VGMaps?  :-\

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Wondering how to submit a map
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 05:38:19 pm »
Hi, there's a "contribute" link at the top of the left column on the main page.  Basically you just email them to me, and if they're good, I put them up soon, generally the next weekend.

Offline Ethanmark7199

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 08:32:20 pm »
What if I want to post a N64 map, like on Super Mario 64, and how do I do that? Is there some kind of program that views N64 maps?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 08:52:36 pm »
Peardian has made a N64 workshop topic specifically for mapping N64 games.

N64 or not, either way, you just email me the maps that you've created.  I do the sorting, any necessary compressing or renaming, and then publish them.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 09:36:52 pm »
Is there some kind of program that views N64 maps?

I'm getting the impression that you don't know the first thing about actually putting together a map, in which case you're quite a long way from actually submitting one. Maybe you should take a look around the Mapping Tips/Guides threads to get some idea on how to get started?

Or how about sharing which map(s) you'd like to make and then we can tell you how feasible that would be since you have very little (no?) experience. Everybody has to start somewhere and just to give you an idea, I still think I'm lacking in many areas despite making screenshot maps for over 10 years...
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)