Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 572045 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #600 on: November 26, 2023, 02:50:38 pm »
Despite being busy with other projects, on a whim, I made collages of the CD "Data Base" records (of the Robot Masters and other characters up to that point) in both Rockman & Forte (J) (Super Famicom) and Mega Man & Bass (GBA).  So, yes, now we have a spot for Mega Man & Bass...

Offline degreatteacher

« Reply #601 on: December 11, 2023, 01:21:08 am »
Despite being busy with other projects, on a whim, I made collages and found her phen24 review here of the CD "Data Base" records (of the Robot Masters and other characters up to that point) in both (GBA).  So, yes, now we have a spot for Mega Man & Bass...

Wow this is great to know.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 05:02:48 am by degreatteacher »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #602 on: January 03, 2024, 09:19:53 am »

On that page, RockmanCosmo, the leader of a team called SciLab Secrets working to preserve lost Rockman games for Japanese mobiles, announced eight Rockman games (including games based on the classic, Legends/Dash, and Battle Network series).  There's also a link there for easy installation so you can get right to them.

Better yet, here's a link where you can download a later package that also includes Rockman Tennis.

(As I'm working on videos about my brother's Mega Man 2 haul at Christmas, plus another video where he plays all the games that relate in some way to Mega Man 2, I'm particularly interested in Rockman Pinball and Rockman Tennis.  Those games are exactly what you expect them to be.)

Some of those are mappable.  I don't know how much interest there would be, but I think that their obscurity alone is probably a good reason to consider doing so, to help prevent these curiosities from being forgotten/unknown.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 09:22:24 am by JonLeung »

Offline G.E.R.

« Reply #603 on: January 04, 2024, 09:39:24 am »
Is this an unofficial PC-port of the game, that based on J2ME emulator + .jar game files?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #604 on: January 04, 2024, 10:34:15 am »
Is this an unofficial PC-port of the game, that based on J2ME emulator + .jar game files?

The page goes into detail about how they were able to extract the games and make them playable.  They never refer to the files as ROMs, but they do bundle them with the DoCoMo Java (DoJa) emulator, so it is therefore described as emulation rather than directly porting them to the PC.

It's pretty cool how things like these can be found and preserved so that they might not be entirely lost.  Makes you wonder how many things have gotten lost and forgotten because they're not popular or interesting enough, or worth the effort for someone to figure it all out.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #605 on: January 05, 2024, 01:10:37 am »
Sadly, we've already entered an era where game and software preservation has become very difficult if not impossible in most cases. I'm afraid on-going patches (including day-one), essential server-side components and, of course, software-as-service will eventually lead to huge portions of online content to essentially vanish forever.
It's bad enough for games but movies and TV shows will soon cease to be available on physical format altogether.
Piracy will eventually be unavoidable for those but for most online games, there will simply be no alternative :(.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline G.E.R.

« Reply #606 on: April 08, 2024, 05:23:00 am »
I saw game info and video reviews. Non-difficulty gameplay.
How do you think, are we need to map this levels? Will it bу interesting/useful?