VGMaps
April 20, 2014, 11:31:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo Power - 1988-1996 cover games  (Read 13459 times)
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2013, 01:17:22 PM »

Forgot in the midst of Tropicon's blitz (that rhymes!) that we now have all the maps (I think) from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's King-Quest.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:17:43 PM by JonLeung » Logged
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2013, 10:34:24 AM »

Oh, and Illusion Of Gaia, as well.  Tongue  Thanks, Trop!
Trop

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2013, 10:03:37 PM »

And Earthworm Jim 2.
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2013, 08:00:25 AM »

Tropicon has started Stargate, so now we have at least one map from every game on Nintendo Power's 1995 covers.

Is Noob Saibot's Dorfen available in the Super NES version of Mortal Kombat 3?  If so, we don't have a map of it; if not, then I can check that off the list as complete.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:07:58 AM by JonLeung » Logged
Will

« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2013, 09:33:52 AM »

To answer your question, Noob Saibot's Dorfen doesn't exist in the SNES version, instead the balcony stage is used for the fight against Noob. That being said Mortal Kombat 3 for SNES is definitely complete.
ChesterCheatah1

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2013, 04:50:46 PM »

Is this request still active or on anyone's radar?
avalanch

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2014, 11:56:10 AM »

Does anyone remember which Issue of NP has the question along the lines of:

Where do you use the rainbow drop & staff of rain?

I remember sending this in to them & seeing it in a later magazine in the Counselor's Corner section but for the life of me can't remember which one it was.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:56:45 AM by avalanch » Logged
vorpal86

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2014, 04:39:03 PM »

Speaking of Nintendo Power. I was a dedicated subscriber from 1994-1998. Back then, it was easy for me to Order the first original 12 issues directly from nintendo, and so I did just to catch up. The magazine had lots of power in it; Maps, tip's, tricks. It was sad to see how Future US took the power out of Nintendo Power. No more maps, less information. It started to die.

I have more than half of of the issues of Nintendo Power mag mostly in good shape. I was on a mission to collect the remaining ones from ebay a year or so ago but become financially unstable. I will have all of them eventually. I'm more than half way there. I have the one with Felix the Cat on the cover!

Hopefully one day most if not all the maps will be done for a single console gone retro.
Will

« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2014, 10:23:23 AM »

Hi! Long time no mapping in this section. I am currently working on "Buster Busts Loose" (A Tiny Toon Adventures game). I am need of a cheat code that removes the wall and surface clippings, so I can fall through solid surfaces and make them out. Also I want an idea of how many layouts are available in the Bab's Rescue Friends bonus game mazes.
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2014, 10:38:32 AM »

I'm a little surprised you haven't tackled that one earlier, Will.

Licensed games are hit-and-miss, and more often miss than hit, but I really liked Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose.  (I guess the NES ones were good too.)  I've always said Capcom and Konami really knew how to do licensed games well on the NES and Super NES.  Though I honoured your maps of Sunsoft's Bugs Bunny In Rabbit Rampage for the Maps Of The Month, personally I think that Konami's Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts loose is a much more solid gameplay experience.  It's also more colourful and pretty to look at.  I will be looking forward to it.
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2014, 08:29:45 PM »

As Will promised, he's started on Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose!

I forgot to mention a month ago - to the day - that with Tropicon finishing Final Fantasy II and the original Final Fantasy IV (J) that it was based on, 1991 is finally complete!  That was my first year of subscription so I'm excited about that.  It's also the first year that Nintendo Power was a monthly publication, and the first calendar year that we have complete, other than the short 1988.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: