Author Topic: Mario Kart 7 Community for VGMaps.com  (Read 17474 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Mario Kart 7 Community for VGMaps.com
« on: January 29, 2012, 02:11:23 pm »

10-0287-5193-8276

100cc Grand Prix, All Items.

I finally got around to making a VGMaps.com Mario Kart 7 Community.  If you have Mario Kart 7, join up!

(Hope this goes a lot better than my "Wii Friend Code" topic which resulted in me playing a grand total of 0 online games...  >_>)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 02:25:53 pm by JonLeung »

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Re: Mario Kart 7 Community for VGMaps.com
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 03:47:11 pm »
Yay! I'll try and join it as soon as I'm back in a place I can connect to the internet with my 3DS.
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline Wario Bros

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 11:41:06 am »
I'll join ya!  I do have ★★★ on my game.  My main choice is a Feather/Medium weight racer (mostly Mii & Lakitu) using Pipe Frame, Standard Wheels, & Super Glider (basic FTW!)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:41:57 am by Wario Bros »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 03:37:31 pm »
Anyone can join!

I'm not that great at Mario Kart, despite owning all the games (though oddly, I ended up buying or re-buying them in the past year or so).  I did thoroughly play through Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart Wii, though, so I think I'm struggling with 150cc only because I haven't really had much time with Mario Kart 7...too many other games to play.  So I haven't unlocked many characters or even many parts yet...  >_<

Is there any easy way to "farm" coins?

Anyway, I'll try to at least play a bit of it each day, or else my skills will just get rusty.  I don't know if I'll have a regular time that you'll expect me to be on, but obviously it's not going to be before 5:15 PM (Mountain Time) on weekdays, as I do have a full-time job...but if I work out a good time, or if you catch me by chance, I'm up for some races.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 12:18:20 pm »
Well, the max number of coins is always 10 per race, meaning a max of 40 per GP. If you're good enough, you'll get that many every time you do a GP. I unlocked a decent number of parts just going through and getting Gold Trophies on all of the available cups. If you still want more coins, you can try for all three-stars as well.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 02:04:29 pm »
Darn, I was hoping I could earn more than 10 per race (even if eleventh, etc. don't count towards your Coin count as you're racing) or that Coins earned wouldn't be subtracted with Coins spent (like when Lakitu picks you up).  I know the latter isn't how currency works (duh), but it just seems like a mere maximum of 40 per Grand Prix (and often less in actuality) is ridiculously slow.  This is going to take some time then.

Sorry I haven't had time to get on much at all since creating the Community.

One of these days, I'm sure you guys will catch me online at the same time as yourself.  If I am, I'll try for 5:15 PM-6:15 PM Mountain Time on some weekdays.

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 11:05:22 am »
Well we're friends (in terms of 3DS Friends) so I think I'll just join this anyway.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 05:04:18 pm »
I joined! And then I realized how communities work for this game, in that it's not something you join as a member. Either way, I'm available until Sunday, though I don't know what times.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 07:13:54 pm »
Yeah, uh, heh...

I haven't really had much of a chance to play this game since creating the community...  >_<

One of these days, I might schedule an actual time to meet up and race with you all...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 11:14:49 pm »
Okay, I'm on!

And waiting...

All alone...

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 09:11:44 pm »
Sorry about that, I was racing with my friends for the first time. Didn't get to race at all today, and now I'm back at school, so I won't be able to race any. :(