March 17, 2018, 05:42:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Possible Super Mario 64 maps?  (Read 2797 times)

« on: April 29, 2012, 08:45:21 PM »

I'm surprised nobody's taking on Super Mario 64, as it's very well easily possible to map using Toad's Tool 64. I sort of messed around with it and got these very low-quality low-res maps (below).

METHOD: Using Toad's Tool 64, I loaded up a Super Mario 64 ROM and browsed the different areas. Then I took screenshots of the areas using the top view. Or, if you want, multiple screenshots to make it more high-res.

It doesn't have to be viewed from the top, too. You can make cross-sections, view it from the side, make cross-sections from the side, view it upside-down, etc.

...just something I found out. Tongue

Advance Wars (GBA) - 10%

Cave Story (PC/Mac/WiiWare) - COMPLETE 80%

Busy busy

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 10:00:35 PM »

It's certainly better than nothing, but also quite limited. The ideal way would be using Toad's Tool 64 to export the level models and render them with a program like 3DS Max or C4D, but every time I ask the people involved with the tool, they tell me it's not possible. If they can import custom level models, I don't see why it's impossible to export them! Tongue

MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 04:55:23 PM »

I remember being excited about mapping possibilities when this first came out, but then I actually tried it and decided that the terrible interface would make it too difficult.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: