Author Topic: Correcting the original mistakes in a game's map?  (Read 27577 times)

Offline snesmaster

Re: Correcting the original mistakes in a game's map?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 12:03:41 am »
I think both types of maps have their place.  A lot of my maps end up as posters so I tend to go with the mindset of showcasing the games graphics and level layout.  However I also enjoy looking at the edges of the maps that the programmers never intended people to see, and what areas they left partially complete, or filled with a pattern that does not match or line up since they figured no one would ever know.

I think this issue is kind of like the one for should enemy and item sprites be included on the maps?  It really is just a matter or personal preference and what the intended use of the map is.  There is no right or wrong answer.

Trop, I enjoy looking at your Super Castlevania IV Maps to see where the programmers stopped coding the graphics.  However if I were going to make a poster of the level to hang on the wall as art I would prefer a more complete looking map.  It really just depends on what the map is being used for.