Author Topic: New to forum Introduscions  (Read 14378 times)

Offline GHS

New to forum Introduscions
« on: January 29, 2013, 09:28:14 am »
Hi, I'm a new member but contributor for awhile now. My name is George or George s as you have seen on my maps compiler/creator name ( GHS is my initials, not a nickname).
I have bin mapping for some time now and putting them up on VGMaps (over 2 years i think), but just now I decided to join the forum. ??? :P (should have done it sooner)
Even before VGMaps I was doing hand drawn maps of games (one of them is Darkmere at gamewinners.com) way back in the 8 and 16-bit era (mostly dungeon crawlers).
My fascination with game maps started with the maps in video game magazines like Nintendo Power and EGM.
What I'm hoping to get out of VGMaps is help and support in doing maps more efficiently and translating other languages in games (like items and areas) to English.
I'm into action adventure games with a little RPG elements to it whether its side, top or 3D but I like the aesthetic look of 2D isometric games (sometimes 3D, if the art is good).

So that's it. I hope all goes well here for me and thanks for your time.  :)

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: New to forum Introduscions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 05:01:05 pm »
Hello George/GHS (whichever you prefer) and welcome to the VGMaps forums!

It's nice to see old-time mappers finally introduce themselves, as there aren't that many of us regular posters and the more the merrier. I'd really like to know which games you've submitted maps for if you'd like to share, since the site doesn't have a search function to find the work of a specific person.

Also, welcome to the "became a mapper because of game magazines" club! Several of us also got bitten that way. We're always happy to help if you have question or want advice, and for the translation part, you mind telling us which language(s) exactly you would need help with?

Okay, not trying to swarm you with questions of my own. So, again, welcome to the boards!
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline GHS

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 12:02:15 pm »
thanks for the welcome.
as to which games, they are Ys5, Ys4, popfulmail, ladystalker (snes) Ys4, double dragon2,The Legend Of Xanadu II (pce) heimdall 2, Ys2 special, West Adventure, (PC) The Astyanax, Black Tiger, Gate Of Doom, Haunted Castle, The King Of Dragons, Magic Sword, Rygar, Tiger Road (arcade) Legacy Of The Ancients (C64) Alundra, Brave Prove (PSX) there are others that are coming up or not up yet like legendary wings (arcade), ninja kazan, and GÖTZENDIENER.
 Languages that I would need help in (as you can see in the list) are Korean and Japanese.
I forgot to mention that I was in to map even before the VG mags with the D&D stuff. also the pc rpg map art like Might&Magic. I always liked the artistic style and design of those maps.

Offline GHS

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 12:06:31 pm »
I also forgot Amiga's Dragonstone.

Offline FlyingArmor

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 02:58:57 pm »
Hello and welcome, George!

It was great to see Alundra maps when they first came on the site. It'd be great to see the entire world map done if at all possible. I tried my hand at one section of it a long time ago, but never managed to finish it off.

I'd be able to help you with Japanese names and such if you ever need it. でも・・・韓国語はムリ・・・ (However Korean is out of the question for me. ^^;)

Offline BumFengShui

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 02:21:10 am »
It was great to see Alundra maps when they first came on the site. It'd be great to see the entire world map done if at all possible.

I mapped the overworld for Alundra but never finished editing it. I compressed it with PNGgauntlet but it's still rather large so if you want to see it you've got to tell me a good place to upload it.
6240 x 3840
6.46mb

Offline GHS

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 11:46:53 am »
I too am planing on doing the full overwold map of Alundra some time (also doing other maps in the game).
It wont be difficult for me. Ys2 special and Brave Prove are much bigger and more difficult.

Offline RaccoonStar24

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 06:09:24 pm »
I'm back! It's Trutly! for Welcome Board to myself Forum the Trutly!

-RaccoonStar24