Author Topic: Colecovision?  (Read 7830 times)

Offline Mikemc

Colecovision?
« on: January 03, 2016, 03:00:48 am »
I don't see it in the list on the front page. Is there a section that I'm just not seeing?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Colecovision?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 07:49:31 am »
We don't have a Colecovision section, because no one has submitted any maps from Colecovision games yet.  When someone does, I'll set one up.

You know, the Colecovision was the first video game console my family owned (I guess not counting the Pong (and variations) console that I didn't know we had) so I have fond memories of that thing.  Before the NES, I thought it was the greatest thing ever.

If you do want to map something from the Colecovision library, I would suggest Jumpman Junior.  Maybe it's not an exclusive - come to think if it, probably few Colecovision games were - but I thought it was one of the best.  Venture was good too, though it's a little disappointing to see now that it only had three different dungeons that repeated.  Between the ages of three to seven, I was probably proud of myself to even make it to the third stage of any game.

At Bed Bath & Beyond, I recently saw a Colecovision Flashback console (you know, one of those retro throwback things with dozens of games installed) and of the sixty games on there, there were only three I had owned in my childhood...the two games I just mentioned here, plus Omega Race (which at the time I pronounced "Omeega").  Disappointed in their selection, I had a pretty good batch of games, in quantity (and quality, I still think they were good ones too) that the chances of them not having more that I remember really surprises me.

Uh, yeah, long story short, I'd definitely accept Colecovision maps.