Author Topic: Classic game collage  (Read 10734 times)

Online JonLeung

• Administrator
Classic game collage
« on: August 01, 2006, 06:29:34 pm »
This was unveiled yesterday all over the Internet as a Wii Virtual Console promo, but confirmed to be a fake.  It's still nice, though, to see how many obscure characters and items you can name.

User posted image

There's Willy from Rockin' Kats, the Rainbow Islands guys, the car from Outrun, the sign from Pac-Land, Pengo, Master Higgins and Wonder Boy trying to reach an egg with an axe - an inside joke to the fact that their first games are alike, there's Mappy, Pengo, ROB, Protoman, Roll, Clyde, Bub, Morton Koopa, the Snow Bros., a Moai, Kid Dracula, Kirby as (assumedly) Simon Belmont, Ebisumaru, Sonson, Bubbles, Solar Fox (I think), Princess Tomato, that kiwi guy from Kiwi Kraze/New Zealand Story, TwinBee, Rick from Splatterhouse, the Burgertime chef, Princess Toadstool's letter, a fish-ship from one of the Darius games, and more...

Offline DarkWolf

RE: Classic game collage
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 06:57:11 pm »
Carbuncle from Puyo Puyo, Alex Kidd (although why does he have a bicycle instead of a motorcycle?), Bubble Bobble & Rainbow Islands characters, Liquid Kids character, Flicky, Don Doko Don character, the one guy looks like the Bomb Jack character, Opa Opa from Fantasy Zone.  Some are pretty obscure for the US market.

Offline Grizzly

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 03:31:11 pm »
wow, that looks so beautiful and great!

And everything fits so perfectly - how was it done? It doesn't look like a photoshopped collage, but it also looks to complicated to be drawn from scratch.

I like the picture very much :)

Offline Revned

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 06:42:59 pm »
Very cool. It's little busy, but I'm using it for my desktop background for awhile.

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 06:44:50 pm »
Raccoon Pac-Man O_o

---

Creator of over 380 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!

Online JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 07:21:29 pm »
I like busy little collages - I have it as my desktop wallpaper, but unfortunately it's hard to find my icons...

Offline Revned

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 08:28:40 pm »
Yeah, I do too. I also love those Where's Waldo drawings. Anything with lots of detail and lots of different things happening is fun too look at.