Author Topic: New Atlas Directory  (Read 8429 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
New Atlas Directory
« on: November 30, 2014, 02:07:07 pm »
Atlas Directory

Something I've wanted to do for way too long but only now got around to doing, was making the long list of games more readable by arranging the various different platforms by generation.  (That's the biggest change, though I also increased the font size slightly.)

The division by generations mostly makes sense for the console and handheld sections, but I wonder if there's a better way to handle the computer and arcade sections.  There are probably many other ways to improve upon it (perhaps redoing the images at a later date), and so it will probably be repeatedly tweaked, but feel free to let me know your impressions.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 02:09:47 pm by JonLeung »

Offline Revned

Re: New Atlas Directory
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 05:03:42 pm »
Definitely better.

But.... I've personally never been a fan of the directory. I miss the days when I could click on a system and get to the actual listings. Nowadays I almost always click on the system on the main page, click on the system on the directory, then ctrl-f to find what I'm looking for. Pretty cumbersome. A dead-simple autocomplete search would do wonders for usability.

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 05:17:39 pm »
It seemed like the main directory had changed last time I looked at it. It did. Now there are two rows of systems and scrolling to the bottom goes faster. I like it.

I mostly go to the main page myself and just click on a console to view maps aside from just using the recently added maps to see what's new.

Perhaps add a main system type Category (Sega then in a list tree below -- Master System > Genesis > Game Gear > Saturn etc..) that might clean it up a bit.

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 08:40:19 am »
Definitely love the layout of all the game titles on the contents page.
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!