Author Topic: Framed NES Collage  (Read 12824 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Framed NES Collage
« on: August 19, 2015, 08:46:31 pm »

In promoting the Edmonton screenings of "Nintendo Quest", I found myself working with NES box art for a few things.  One of them took physical form when I got the above made.  Nice, isn't it?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 08:47:36 pm by JonLeung »

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Re: Framed NES Collage
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 05:50:46 pm »
Neat! Going by the positions of Kirby, Mario, and Yoshi, I'm assuming it's in alphabetical order, right?

At first I thought the controller was part of it. :P
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 12:49:25 pm »
Yep, alphabetical order.  I was using the NES controller just as a size reference thing.  Maybe I should have done something with that extra space there.

You'll probably notice that Miracle Piano Teaching System takes up three spaces, that's so that the 678 games take up as much room as 680 would, which is a much rounder number to work with.  34 across and 20 down.

Now that I've had tons of OCD fun putting this together, I could consider doing something similar with other platforms.  The Super NES has a great library too, unfortunately the right and bottom sides being black on most boxes would make it seem rather dark and any inconstencies in the scans would be even more noticeable.

Offline Marlonowens81

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 02:16:51 pm »
I had the idea to do something similar to your NES collage but yours is amazing! Do you have any other photos of it? I found a website with all the hi res labels but I was curious how you put it together and the res of the game covers. I hope you can find time to respond.

Thanks