Author Topic: Peardian's custom model stuff (lots of images)  (Read 46832 times)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Re: Peardian's custom model stuff (lots of images)
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 04:06:48 pm »
Happy Halloween everyone! I have a very special HD 1920x1080 surprise for you! Just click the guy below.

(Don't worry, nothing spoilery.)
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 06:33:10 pm »
It took me five months, but I finally finished Antasma! And don't worry, there's no spoilers here if you haven't played Dream Team yet. You fight that big scary version of him in the tutorial battle.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:11:34 pm by Peardian »

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 10:23:37 pm »
I keep forgetting to keep this place updated. I made a couple of things.

New faces for Kebako!

DK Coin!

It spins!

And the Brycen-Jet! (From Pokemon Black 2 / White 2)

Offline tylerkendo

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 04:51:21 am »
Those are awesome mate, keep it up:)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 02:51:42 pm »
I haven't had a chance to seriously looking into 3D modeling programs, but I can certainly see the appeal with the rise of 3D printing.

I think I'd be happy if I could design cubes and stick them together to make larger forms, because then I would be able to, at the very least, make voxel sculptures, you know, like 3D interpretations of sprite/pixel art.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 08:55:07 pm »
D'oh, I completely forgot about updating this thread! I've definitely made some stuff in the past half-year.

A recreation of the Butter Building stage in Kirby Fighters Z.

Orb User (and family) from Super Mario RPG
This one actually comes in three designs: classic, modern (a la Super Mario Galaxy) and Subspace Army

Super Carrot from Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

Blocks from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

and then the big one...

Heavy Mole from Kirby's Adventure!

Introducing... Heavy Mole DX! It's an original redesign based on the "DX" and "EX" bosses from recent Kirby games like Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Lastly, I've made turntable videos of all of my models so far AND uploaded most of them on Sketchfab so you can view them up close in full 3D. :D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:10:55 pm by Peardian »

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2016, 08:39:48 pm »
Finally, I can show you the model I've been working on for the past two years! This is pretty much the main reason I haven't been working on any maps.

(Click for high resolution)

I tried to integrate as many details from the game's area maps as I could, down to the pathways that wind between the trees and placement of the giant bee hives.

Offline SAVIO2av

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2016, 02:15:05 am »
I really appreciate all the replies here.

--------------------------------------------
coque galaxy s6  etui samsung galaxy s6
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 03:02:24 am by SAVIO2av »

Offline Trop

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2016, 08:52:53 am »
That is absolutely incredible.  I can just see little 3D kongs climbing it.  I love DK isle in the background.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2016, 08:34:40 am »
Wow, someone loves the Mario RPG and Donkey Kong Country games!

As do I, but somehow I passed on Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze when it first came out, I think I was busy with something else.  Then I ended up getting it as a digital download from when Club Nintendo was ending.  I played I think the first two or three worlds and never got back into it, always distracted by other games when they came out.  I told myself I could at least play a couple stages a day but that didn't seem to work out, and every time I boot up my Wii U the icon stares back at me, as if pleading to be played, but Xenoblade Chronicles X shouts back at me louder.

And for some reason I didn't pick up Mario & Luigi: Dream Team or Paper Mario: Sticker Star.  I've been meaning to since Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam is coming out very soon.  I asked for both for Christmas - not that I can't afford them money-wise, but I thought I would leave a couple not-difficult-to-understand-or-too-expensive items on my Christmas wish list (since I am notoriously hard to buy for since I USUALLY (except these instances) buy everything I want for myself within the first week of release), however I did not actually get these under the tree, and even if I did my queue is full of other games, so I probably won't get to them until my birthday in April.  Maybe I could ask for them again for my birthday?

Not enough hours in a day.  And even so, I should have put these games higher on my to-play list.  I suppose Peardian's going to think I'm silly as a Nintendo fan for not prioritizing these Mario and Donkey Kong games especially in series where I have enjoyed all other games within them and (at least in Donkey Kong's case this time,) critically acclaimed.  What's wrong with me here?