VGMaps
October 17, 2018, 06:32:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Mario World: Return to Dinosaur Land  (Read 1902 times)
Ambur

« on: October 14, 2015, 06:39:40 PM »

I know the idea of mapping hacked games is somewhat iffy on this site, but I had an idea. Rather than making it as a "list of hacks that need to be mapped" that people can pick from, let people pick out a hack they think is worth mapping. That way you don't need to draw the line yourself, just let people choose what hacks are notable enough to map. Have it as a fun little side project rather than make it a big "we must map everything" type deal. Tongue

I think this is a great one to start with: Return to Dinosaur Land, a completely new, yet completely familiar Super Mario World hack, focused entirely on level design rather than gimmicks and custom coding. I have the first world mapped out so far. Cheesy

http://imgur.com/a/X5gfC

Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in! If not, whatever. I'll still make it, it just won't be hosted here. Tongue
Trop

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 05:12:12 PM »

Yep, hacks will never be hosted here.  But there's lots of places that will host them.  I think the main argument around here is why map a hack when there plenty of games that should be in line before it.
Ambur

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 09:50:21 AM »

why map a hack when there plenty of games that should be in line before it.

Because... fun? I dunno, 's just a fun side project, separate from the main mapping thing. But, whatever, care to direct me to somewhere that'll host 'em?  Cheesy
Trop

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 05:23:49 PM »

I post mine on Deviant Art.
Trop

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 07:13:46 AM »

*brainstorm*  What if VGMaps had another board for extra stuff.  Makin' a new thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: