Author Topic: Welcome! (Autumn 2015)  (Read 9908 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Welcome! (Autumn 2015)
« on: September 24, 2015, 09:56:58 am »
Welcome to all you VGMaps newcomers!

I think there's been an increase in traffic and the number of guests on the forums at any given time, even though the board is quiet.  Don't be shy about registering and jump in the conversations!

Here's an icebreaker...how did you find VGMaps?  If you are new here, I would guess it's one of the following:
1) all the advertising/spamming I've been doing about the Edmonton screenings of the film "Nintendo Quest", which is sponsored by VGMaps
2) The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (N64) maps by Peardian, especially of the dungeons, which seem to be making the reddit rounds again
3) those seeking Super Mario Maker inspiration by looking at the original maps
Or was it something else that led you here?  Come say "hi" and let us know!

Offline KeyBlade999

Re: Welcome! (Autumn 2015)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 11:08:19 am »
'Sup.

Let's see... I think I first found it through word-of-mouth, really. On GameFAQs, there's this thing called the NES FAQ Completion Project (basically getting a guide out for every last NES/Famicom - and now Famicom Disk System - game out there), and at some point they linked to an overworld map of Double Moon Densetsu on here. Having done quite a few maps myself, I figured I'd send those not covered here along since it wasn't as annoying as uploading ~1,000 maps one at a time.

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 07:42:16 pm »
'Sup.

Let's see... I think I first found it through word-of-mouth, really. On GameFAQs, there's this thing called the NES FAQ Completion Project (basically getting a guide out for every last NES/Famicom - and now Famicom Disk System - game out there), and at some point they linked to an overworld map of Double Moon Densetsu on here. Having done quite a few maps myself, I figured I'd send those not covered here along since it wasn't as annoying as uploading ~1,000 maps one at a time.

Don't I know you from somewheres :)
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!

Offline KeyBlade999

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 07:58:21 pm »
'Sup.

Don't I know you from somewheres :)

Hm, you *seem* familiar... :p