Author Topic: YouTube channel! (JonLeung1)  (Read 84051 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: YouTube channel!
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 10:21:12 pm »
A vlog this time about a local event called "Taste Of Edmonton", not sure if it would be of much appeal to most of you, but hey, here it is if you are interested; why not?

Also, please subscribe!  I have more game-related stuff in the pipeline and my personal goal is to get to 250 subscribers by the end of the year.  Thanks!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 10:22:25 pm »

I've been YouTubing for a year now, and yet this is my first video dedicated to VGMaps.com?  Here we go, my picks for the best 15 map sets on VGMaps!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2017, 07:28:31 pm »

Funny, I expected some response from the 15th best map sets.  Ah well, it's a month old, but here's my vlog of the recent Edmonton Expo.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2017, 08:30:31 am »

Another game book review, this time of the Nintendo 64 Anthology, which SHOULD be of interest to people here, I would imagine.

(I posted this last night, turns out yesterday was one year and one day after getting the book...  I will make more effort to be sure these reviews are more timely, though in this case I believe the Special Collector's Edition is still available.)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2018, 02:10:33 pm »

Six Degrees Of Super Mario!  Someone's got to find this interesting, right?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: YouTube channel! (JonLeung1)
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 08:36:20 pm »

I finished a review of The Unofficial SNES/Super Famicom: A Visual Compendium (and I only got it two days ago, on Friday!  What a weekend)!   Yes, timely content - it comes out on February 1!  Check it out!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 08:37:25 pm by JonLeung »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 08:32:05 am »
So I don't know if you heard the news from two evenings ago, but YouTube changed the monetization eligibility rules for the YouTube Partner Program, so that Tubers with less than 1000 current subscribers and 4000 hours of playtime in the last year no longer generate any ad revenue.  While it is true that a large percentage (they say 99%) of the people affected were making less than a couple bucks a year anyway, what is really aggravating is how it feels like YouTube is throwing small content creators under the bus.  Being only two weeks after the Logan Paul incident where he published a video which included a dead body, while he was punished, most would say not severely or quickly enough, it makes it more obvious that they favour big Tubers (and let them get away with just about anything) and don't care about small Tubers (not only revenue, but we might lose out on some tools and features). EDIT: Okay, maybe we don't lose as much feature-wise as I was originally led to believe, but it's still about their attitude towards small creators more than the miniscule amount of revenue.

Those currently in the YouTube Partner Program (like myself) are not grandfathered in, and will lose monetization by Feb. 20 if the current requirements are not met.

So of course, I would absolutely hope that you subscribe to my channel.  But I would also encourage everyone to subscribe to any YouTuber they like to watch, most especially if they have under a thousand views.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:58:13 am by JonLeung »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2018, 10:36:22 pm »

Decided to review the elgato green screen I recently got (thanks to bustin98 for helping me out, too)!  I actually managed to conceive of, film, edit and publish this video all within one day!  Hopefully future videos using a green screen will look better than the old green cloth I used to use... for like the one Mega Man video, heh.  But you can expect more soon!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2018, 02:32:59 pm »

The long-awaited follow-up to the "Mega Man: Robot Master Challenge" is, unsurprisingly, the "Mega Man X: Maverick Challenge".  Check it out!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2018, 09:41:26 pm »

Another video within the span of a week?  Well, this one required little editing, so...

Anyway, this is an unboxing of ShiftCam's RevolCam!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 06:09:11 pm »

Another "Games About Games" video, where my friends try to distinguish between Metal Gear and Mega Man X characters.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?  Remember April Fool's Day twelve years ago?  Yes, I mention Revned, bustin98, osrevad and Grizzly in this video...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2018, 09:53:19 pm »

I was at the Calgary (Comic & Entertainment) Expo last weekend, so here's my first video about it, showing the POW!: Parade Of Wonders cosplay parade!  (Neither me nor my brother participated this year...)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2018, 07:28:58 pm »

Sorry it's so late, but here's the full vlog of the Calgary (Comic & Entertainment) Expo 2018!  More geeky (but non-vlog) videos are on the way!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2018, 10:51:13 pm »

Just a fun thing I did.  "Take On Me" by a-ha is one of my favourite songs, after all!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2018, 07:35:20 pm »

Here's a look at the LEGO set 70917: The Ultimate Batmobile, from The LEGO Batman Movie series.  This took me a while to make, partly because I had other projects, and partly because doing a time lapse was a bit more involved than I originally thought.