Author Topic: NES Classic Edition - full map set  (Read 41159 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: NES Classic Edition - full map set
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 10:18:16 pm »
Thanks for the map of Balloon Fight's Balloon Trip mode, zagato!  I think it sufficiently conveys what this infinite trip is like.

While we're here, are any of you guys interested in picking up a NES Classic Edition?  From a collectors' standpoint, I think it'd be a nice thing to have.  And for a casual gamer, I think the ease of use and availability would be appealing to thirty-somethings looking for nostalgia and younger gamers wanting to see what the fuss is about (if navigating the eShop for Virtual Console games on the 3DS/Wii/Wii U is too much to ask).  But if you're not a hardcore collector or a casual gamer, like more towards the middle of the spectrum, I wonder how much interest there would be.

Though, sheesh, that is tiny.  And so cute!  It looks like it's only about as wide as the controller itself!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 10:42:04 am »
It's now been mentioned that it will feature multiple display modes (including one that simulates a CRT display) as well as "temporary" saves - I assume this is like the "interrupt" saves, which makes sense given gamers' attention span these days, and also to be more forgiving especially with the longer games that don't normally have saves or passwords.  I guess decades later, adding features is really not all that surprising - after all, most Virtual Console games have always had real-time saves, and Super Mario Maker does have a CRT mode I recall...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 09:15:44 am »
So, any progress on Kirby's Adventure?  :P

Anyone planning to pick this up this week?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2016, 09:59:18 am »
Will Mallia has resumed mapping Kirby's Adventure; I'll try to post his latest batch tonight.

This past weekend, I failed to secure a NES Classic Edition.  I don't think I've ever failed to get "new" hardware before.  Doesn't help that no place was taking preorders.  Probably setting up to be a hot item for this Christmas, with limited quantities and word of mouth about the frustration of not getting one helping to fuel the hype.

Offline Will

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2016, 07:54:23 am »
The whole of Kirby's Adventure maps is at long last completed. If any secrets have been missed, I'm all ears.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2016, 06:42:21 pm »
Yes, thanks indeed for the Kirby's Adventure maps!

And now VGMaps.com can say it has all maps for an entire console!  :D

Offline Will

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2016, 07:41:38 am »
I've noticed something recently. The collection only covers 22 world released NES games plus 8 exclusively released for North America. There are eight more, released exclusively for Japan. This includes:

*Atlantis no Nazo
*Downtown Nekketsu Kōshinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundōkai
*Final Fantasy III
*NES Open Tournament Golf
*Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari
*Solomon's Key
*Tsuppari Ōzumō
*Yie Ar Kung-Fu

Do these count?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2016, 09:36:44 am »
I know offhand that one of the Downtown Nekketsu games is River City Ransom, and that as well as Final Fantasy III (J) and Solomon's Key are mapped, so that's something.

If people are interested in mapping them, I could add them to the list in the first post.  Do you think I should?

Offline Zerker

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 09:58:47 am »
Note that the Excitebike maps are missing half the courses. Excitebike has a rather weird way of laying out the courses: each course has both a preliminary/challenge race and the main race variant, which have different layouts. The manual explains this a bit better:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/clv/manuals/en/pdf/CLV-P-NAAHE.pdf

FYI: All NES classic edition manuals can be found here:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/clv/manuals/en/index.html