VGMaps
November 22, 2017, 03:48:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Request Listings  (Read 19170 times)
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2016, 08:57:47 AM »

Well, guess I still have to say something...

LTIan, I think you've misinterpreted my verbage.  When I said "it's commission, not ransom", I meant it like someone could be paying Tropicon for the service of mapping a game (which would be commission), not that Tropicon is the only one holding these maps and that he's making us pay to release them (which would be ransom).  The latter certainly seems more like a bad thing.  I'm making the point that I really don't think Tropicon (or anyone offering paid services) is doing that.  And I'm certainly not implying that you, LTIan, or anyone else on the paying end of this transaction is doing any "ransoming" or anything wrong, so I'm not sure where you're getting that I'm calling you some kind of "law-breaking villain"...certainly not my intention.

Sorry to hear about your money issues, LTIan, though as I've learned from work (actual career work) and working with being sure that contracted truckers are properly getting paid, I found it's best not to question how anyone handles their money, but we weren't looking for you to share details about your life so don't feel pressured to do so.  You can if you want to, I suppose, but don't feel like you are expected to.  You don't have to justify your position that you're against commissions.  I may have thought your response (in bold red letters) when Tropicon said he wanted actual money instead of deviantArt points was surprisingly negative but I didn't mean to imply that you're wrong for thinking so.  Sorry about that.  I still would've thought you and Tropicon would have at least talked about a specific number, but if you're against or unable to spend any amount, even if it was like a dollar, then I guess that's where you're coming from.  And you're probably not the only one.

I still don't see the harm if Tropicon wants to do commissions and if people are willing to pay him.  He'll make and manage those deals himself elsewhere.  VGMaps.com will continue to have maps submitted without expectation of payment, and free to view for all, so don't you worry.

And one day, someone somewhere may be able to map Death Valley Rally...
A Kirby to the Past

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2017, 07:23:26 PM »

Specifically with Zelda, Wind Waker and Skyward Sword haven't been done. I would like to see a fully fleshed out Twilight Princess (GCN/Wii U preferably), all in likeness to the Ocarina of Time maps.
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2017, 06:06:20 PM »

Trop, if you still want to maintain the first post in this topic, I wonder if there's any benefit to posting when it was requested and by whom and if anybody seconds those requests.  And in some cases maybe some relevant notes (like if there's something technical that makes a particular game challenging to map).  I guess I just think that original post can be more helpful with a bit more info, rather than merely a consolidation of this board's topics.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: