Author Topic: Oracle of Seasons: one missing map  (Read 9205 times)

Offline stl1988

Oracle of Seasons: one missing map
« on: May 14, 2018, 07:22:08 am »
I hope it's ok to request a single map in an otherwise already mapped game, but this has bugged me for a long time now.

In The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, there's a second version of Hero's Cave which can be accessed by starting the game per link or with a password. It works similar to Ages' Hero's Cave but has a different layout. It hasn't been mapped yet. Can someone please map it and add it to the other Oracle of Seasons maps?

Offline Revned

Re: Oracle of Seasons: one missing map
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 07:49:51 pm »
I noticed this as well last time I played through the game. I wonder if TerraEsperZ accidentally forgot to submit it, or if we both somehow overlooked it. If TerraEsperZ doesn't get to it, then I can do it at some point (not promising that it will be soon)

I did find a map elsewhere, if you're in a bind:
https://zelda.gamepedia.com/File:OoS_Linked_Hero%27s_Cave_Map.png

Offline stl1988

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 06:34:50 am »
This map and then the minimap in a corner like the others and it would be perfect  :) It even has full resolution.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 10:38:59 pm »
I don't actually remember why I never mapped the Hero's Cave in this game. Then again, I remember being under a lot of self-imposed stress at the time, trying to keep up with Revned and probably obsessing over a whole bunch of meaningless details.

A few years back, I played with the idea of doing specific area maps that would include every seasonal variations and also every cave and building interiors. But then I got upset because the regions as they are defined on the minimap didn't fully correspond to how they are separated as separate seasons as you played, blah blah blah... Like for the first time, meaningless details.

I can't promise anything, but I'll try to get the Hero's Cave done over the next few weeks if you can wait that long. Thanks for the interest by the way!
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline stl1988

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 04:46:06 pm »
Please don't stress yourself because of this and take your time. I can wait a few more weaks.