Author Topic: No Shadowgate?  (Read 6763 times)

Offline Mikemc

No Shadowgate?
« on: July 25, 2019, 01:37:06 am »
Is there seriously no map for Shadowgate? I checked NES, PC, and performed a search.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: No Shadowgate?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 08:29:49 pm »
The three MacVenture games (Shadowgate, Déjà Vu, Uninvited) would be neat.  Another tie-in with VGMaps.com's inspiration, Nintendo Power, my first subscribed issue, Vol. 20/January 1991 with Mega Man III on the cover, had a poster of Bart Vs. The Space Mutants but on the back of it was a Déjà Vu map.  I always figured these three games could be mapped kind of like that.

Just looked it up, my memory didn't fail me.  I guess because it was my first issue it was so memorable, must've read that dozens of times...
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Nintendo-Power/Issue-20?id=50369&readType=1
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 09:37:24 am by JonLeung »

Offline Mikemc

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 12:00:50 am »
Like pictures of the screens with Maniac Mansion-styled lines connecting all the doors?
I think an isometric map would show off the floors and passages.. would need to find textures to draw them though.

Offline Lüt

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 11:03:50 pm »
Wait, there's really no Shadowgate map?

I've had a linked-screenshot diagram, like the Deja Vu one featured in the magazine, sitting around for years. I was using it to outline a Heretic adaptation. I could have sworn I got it from here, but now that I look at the NES index, I don't see it after all.

Anyway, this is it:

(Open in new tab for full-size.)

No credits on it though.

There's also the Spriter's Resource Shadowgate page, which has the individual screens assembled somewhat cohesively across 2 maps, plus additional graphical and animated variations on a 3rd map:

https://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/shadowgate/

Those ones are credited to "SmithyGCN."

I'm not sure if any of these are publishable to VGMaps, but if they're just for your personal collection, then there you go.