Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 553787 times)

Offline marioman

Re: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #555 on: March 21, 2011, 07:55:35 pm »
More SF1 maps have been submitted by Will this weekend bringing the total up to 38.  For those interested, today marks the 10th anniversary of the release of the first Battle Network game as well as the release of the Game Boy Advance.  Quite amazing to think that it's been 10 years since they were released.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 07:56:15 pm by marioman »

Offline Will

« Reply #556 on: March 26, 2011, 12:08:33 am »
Most of the Maps of the School in Star Force is finished. I now have three sections in the School Computer System ending with Libras as the next boss to face.

Offline marioman

« Reply #557 on: March 28, 2011, 04:43:39 pm »
List updated.  The map count is now 53, so I'm going to guess that you have mapped 43% of the game.  Nice work.

Offline Will

« Reply #558 on: April 16, 2011, 05:36:40 am »
The School Computer System is taking more time than I anticipated, due to the numerous colour changes and sprites in the gameplay, but I've gotten the first section completed. Stay tuned for the other two.

EDIT: I've doubled my effort and time and have been able to complete the remaining two sections. Wait till you see more in Star Force.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:53:51 am by Will »

Offline marioman

« Reply #559 on: April 25, 2011, 05:06:28 pm »
List updated.  Looks like Will finished the School Network which brings the count up to 56.  I believe that there are only 8 bosses left for him to clear.  (Ophiuchus, Gemini, Wolf, Cancer, Crown, plus the final boss.)  Can't wait to see more maps.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:06:42 pm by marioman »

Offline Will

« Reply #560 on: May 08, 2011, 07:23:54 am »
Progress on Star Force continues. Check out the lush jungle of the Snake Computer system maps when they arrive.

Offline marioman

« Reply #561 on: May 23, 2011, 04:23:27 pm »
Looks like Will is now working through the Dream Island area in Star Force.  He has 74 maps up now, and I believe that he is getting close to the end of the game.  It will be interesting to see what the map final count is.

Offline marioman

« Reply #562 on: July 04, 2011, 01:16:47 pm »
It just occurred to me that I did not update the list last week.  Will mapped more of Star Force and has 78 maps up.  I believe that he just has a battle with Gemini and then he will be to the final area.  (Unless there are some extra boss battles/areas that I am missing.)

Offline marioman

« Reply #563 on: August 10, 2011, 08:56:30 am »
List updated.  Will has completed the ScrapComp area of Mega Man Star Force and is now approaching the final area.  (Bringing  the total to 84.)  Once the final area is complete, I believe that there will only be a few places to map in the extra scenario.

Offline Will

« Reply #564 on: August 28, 2011, 09:08:40 am »
I am now onto the Space Station and its computer system. The Space Station real world has a lot of stars in its background which sort of slows my progress. I was not aware of the extra scenario, but I'll get to it soon.

Offline marioman

« Reply #565 on: September 01, 2011, 08:26:07 pm »
Almost there.  The map count now is 88.  I am not sure that the extra scenario will actually have new maps, but I do know that there is a series of doors that can only be opened by collecting all of the battle cards and you can fight a powered up version of the final boss once all of the doors are opened.  Sounds like there may be some new maps in there, but I could be wrong.

Edit: A new map is up, so the total is now 89.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:24:49 am by marioman »

Offline marioman

« Reply #566 on: September 19, 2011, 05:33:30 pm »
List updated.  Will has mapped more areas of SF1 which brings the map total up to 91.  It looks like he is only 3 boss battles away from completing the game.  Then it's on to the extra scenario.  (Provided there are actually new maps in the extra scenario.)

In other news, it looks like RMMH has started uploading more Mega Man X6 maps to their site.  So far they have updated most of their existing maps and have started mapping a new level.  Hopefully those maps will end up here sooner or later.  (Along with their Legends 1 and Legends 2: Episode I maps - I would really like to see those submitted to finish up the in-game maps for the Legends series.)

Offline Will

« Reply #567 on: September 23, 2011, 02:06:06 am »
The moment has come. I have mapped out the area for the final battle in Mega Man Star Force, meeting both the FM King and the Andromeda monster superboss. The Extra Scenario by the way consists of four maps. Shall get round to doing them ASAP.

EDIT: The whole of Mega Man Star Force is complete. In the Japanese version there is a Lunar Knights appearance and side quest but no new maps. I shall start on Star Force 2 later.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:16:54 am by Will »

Offline marioman

« Reply #568 on: October 03, 2011, 05:11:56 pm »
OK, the last of Will's SF1 maps are up and the game is complete!  Congratulations Will.  It's great to hear that you are moving on to SF2.  I hope that the WTW code works for you.  Since there were 100 maps in SF1, your complete total BN/SF map count is now 868!  I'd say that you will be really close to breaking 1000 BN/SF maps by the time that you finish SF2.  If you decide to do SF3, you will most definitely pass the 1000 map mark.  That is quite unbelievable.  In addition, there are now only 8 mappable Mega Man games for which there is not a complete set maps on the site.  Very impressive.

Also this week RMMH finished another stage for MMX6.  So they have 6 stages left to map before the game is complete.  Can't wait to see that one finished too.

Offline Will

« Reply #569 on: October 15, 2011, 07:27:10 am »
I have completed and submitted my first Mega Man Star Force 2 map (I chose Zerker X Saurian). The Wave Roads in combination with the real world maps are a lot different from the prequel. The roads are not very colourful, distorted with many animation movements which is going to progress hard for mapping, since I prefer to keep colour and pattern of  roads consistent. If I only had a code that could freeze the road animations I could work on them quicker. By the way Marioman, the walk through wall code you provided works perfectly on both Star Force 2 games. That means that every untested code in the menu box are all fully tested, so thanks for everything and hope to see the third star force code in future, not that I'll need it just yet.