Author Topic: RE: Tommy Tallarico responds to my comments about him (and Video Games Live)  (Read 10727 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
See my initial questions about the Video Games Live concert and a side comment about Tommy Tallarico that Tommy himself (or a really convincing impersonator) responded to here.

Ever feel like a dick when you nearly insult someone and then they say they wouldn't mind meeting you?  o_0

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
Tommy Tallarico responds to my comments about him (and Video Games Live)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 04:55:45 pm »
Nice. I figure Tommy is a cool dude, even if I don't agree with his reviews. Some games he gets, and others he just lacks the patience for. I kinda agree with Victor more than Tommy on that show they did on G4.

I hope you do get a moment to hang with him. VIP passes would be sweet, too.

---

Cool beans

Offline DarkWolf

RE: Tommy Tallarico responds to my comments about him (and Video Games Live)
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 06:09:01 pm »
Some people in the industry are cool enough to communicate with the players.  John Romero actually has a forum on his site where he often communicates with fans.

Offline mephea

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 09:28:22 pm »
i have no clue who tommy tallarico is.

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 09:36:09 pm »
I believe Tommy T 'owns' the G4 cable channel. He is definately a sound guy for lots of video games, hence why he is touring in a video game concert.

When G4 first started, he created a rukus amoung fanboys cause he'd totally diss a game for some small reason, especially if it was on a Nintendo system. Then he'd turn around and lay praise on a game that mostly sucked but since it was a Playstation game it must be cool to play. I have not seen those original episodes, but I think he has matured over the years as a game reviewer (slightly).

---

Cool beans

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 09:42:02 pm »
He's been around before G4TV.  I don't know if he really owns it, but he's on there quite a bit.  He's done shows like Reviews On The Run/Judgment Day, and of course Digital Playground as a game reviewer.  He's also done music for several games.  I think he did Cool Spot, Earthworm Jim, Advent Rising, among others.  He did work on the sound design in the Metroid Prime games, too, and has probably written music for/produced many other games as well.

Tommy Tallarico on Wikipedia

I guess part of where he's gotten on my nerves is that I sometimes really don't agree with him, and when he does like a game that I do too, he can't be serious (he liked Wind Waker because one character in the game has snot hanging from his nose...o_0).  Perhaps his craziness is part of his onscreen persona (he is talented enough to be respected, I guess).  That craziness is probably more evident when he's with his more serious reviewing partner, Victor Lucas.

But, hey, Tallarico's set up this Video Games Live concert, he can't be all that bad.

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 10:54:59 pm »
Looks like I misunderstood some posts I've read on the network. Wikipedia also has info on the network. You Canadians get the good stuff. I really disliked the merger of tech tv and g4. I liked them both, but didn't really see them as being compatible. I really like the video game review shows and now there's just X-Play, and that hardly gets played. Star Trek 2.0 is stupid. The Man Show is old. Its just really a channel I watch for Star Trek: TNG.

---

Cool beans

Offline mephea

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 05:19:27 am »
omg that guy.  i despise electric playground and i cant stand that guys review style, his voice or his onscreen mannerisms.  he's cute, but he just seems like a complete stiff on that show.