VGMaps
September 21, 2018, 02:07:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finished my first semester of college.  (Read 2426 times)
mephea

« on: December 15, 2006, 07:10:23 AM »

I passed remedial math with an A (was hard because im so bad at math)

I passed english, (writing arguments), with an A and one of my essays were entered in some sort of college contest.

I passed first aid and CPR with an A.  Easy.

I passed orientation (such a joke class, yet its a req) with an A.  

I passed history (end of civil war to now) with an A.

I passed fine arts (loved it) with an A.

I finished my first semester with a big fat 4.0.  I will need it because next semester is college algebra (very scared)
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 07:59:03 AM »

I graduated from the U of A (that's the University of Alberta) in one of their last years of using an old 9-point grading system.  It was kind of ridiculous because anything under 4.0 was a fail.  Yeah, over three numbers for failure.  So when someone says they're proud to get a 4.0, I always have to think for a second about it.

My first year of university, I found that my non-studying habits that I got away with in high school couldn't be applied here.  I actually failed a couple classes, but I ended up getting an average of a bare 5.0 (thanks to a lucky "joke course" that was easy yet interesting where I got a 9.0), and 5.0 was actually more the prerequisite to continue than 4.0 in most faculties.  >_<

I guess the 4-point system would be better, 'cause then my 7.something GPA at the end of my four years probably translates to a 3.something now which sounds closer to the maximum.
DarkWolf

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 03:08:51 PM »

I just finished an AS Degree.  I'm going to wait a while before getting a BS.  I might take a few classes and get another technical certificate though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: