Author Topic: Game terminology that you personally use  (Read 7890 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Game terminology that you personally use
« on: March 05, 2007, 06:06:19 pm »
The "Jaquio Method": a technique of severely abusing realtime saving and loading to get through certain games, i.e. saving often, and loading after getting hit even once (or something else undesirable).  So named because I was never able to defeat Jaquio in the original Ninja Gaiden for the NES until using this technique.  I hit Jaquio, and saved; he hit me, I loaded.  It is unfair, but it may take a lot of time and frustration is still quite possible.

"The boss is Dr. Wily.": my response when asked who the final boss of a particular game is, when that boss is a regular, unexpected one in the series.  This originates from the fact that Dr. Wily is always the villain in the original Mega Man series.  This has been applied to Bowser in Mario games and Ganon(dorf) in Zelda games.

"Let's smash!": an invitation to play a Super Smash Bros. game.  My brother uses it a lot, (and these days I often decline,) but I am surprised at the general lack of usage other than by two of us.

"Time to AC.": pronounced "ack", refers to the daily necessity to play Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS) (formerly this referred to Animal Crossing (GCN)).

"I have to do my brainage.": rhymes with "drainage".  An expression referring to the daily task of playing Brain Age: Train Your Brain In Minutes A Day! (DS)

Offline Revned

RE: Game terminology that you personally use
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 08:35:24 pm »
Umm... "Level 1"...

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 09:18:00 pm »
I don't use any, but then I'm not that much of a gamer (in fact, most gamers would call me an embarrassment to the name). I do tend to use a lot of computer and programming terms and expressions. I'm especially known for making methaphors with them.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 09:55:39 pm »
Flop: Any game that scores below 99% on GameRankings.

AAAmazing (Triple Amazing): Any game that I like.

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!