Author Topic: Pocky & Rocky (SNES)  (Read 9871 times)

Offline MagnetiC

Pocky & Rocky (SNES)
« on: October 16, 2006, 08:00:42 am »
Thought I'd make a post about my progress mapping Pocky & Rocky. The game only has 6 levels, so it shouldn't take too long finishing all of them. Here is a 'preview' of the first 2 stages.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~vanhelvo/blaat/Pocky&Rocky-Stage1.png

http://www.xs4all.nl/~vanhelvo/blaat/Pocky&Rocky-Stage2.png

Stage 3 is nearly finished and I hope to finish the other three before the end of the week, but that mainly depends on rl ;)

---

Ignorance is bliss.
Ignorance is bliss.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Pocky & Rocky (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 12:15:46 pm »
I remember seeing this in Nintendo Power and wanting to rent it.

When I did rent it, I loved the overly-simplistic yet cutesy opening of Pocky and Rocky running down the steps.  Yes, I was twelve at the time...>_>  Maybe I always wanted a tanuki/raccoon as a sidekick.

Offline MagnetiC

Ignorance is bliss.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 06:45:28 pm »
Those look great, and it's nice to see the later levels which weren't featured in that Nintendo Power issue JonLeung mentionned.

I'm thinking that it would be great if mappers discussed the difficulties and/or obstacles they ran into while mapping a particular game. So to follow on that, did anything interesting happen with this one?

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline MagnetiC

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 12:59:57 pm »
I had trouble mapping stage 4, the part with the flying ship. The wings of the ship have black in it, the same color the background shows when it's turned off. I couldn't find a way to combine the background with the ship without messing up the wings (the game never fully shows the wings).

Later on I was able to make it work thanks to vSnes, which has a very easy to use transparency setting (didn't notice it before). The rest was easy after that :)

---

Ignorance is bliss.
Ignorance is bliss.