Author Topic: NiGHTS Into Dreams - Full Soundtrack!!!  (Read 8852 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

NiGHTS Into Dreams - Full Soundtrack!!!
« on: May 09, 2007, 11:03:53 pm »
Forgive me all for sounding so exuberant, but I'm in the middle of an auditory orgasm!

Despite never having played NiGHTS Into Dreams for the Saturn, I've long been a fan of its soundtrack, despite how badly recorded the only available set of MP3s on the net were. I was even more disappointed when, after watching videos of the game in action and reading about it, that the soundtrack was actually quite dynamic and that many songs had multiple variations that weren't on that OST.

Well, someone must have heard my prayers over the silicon highway, because someone recorded a full, as-perfect-as-possible soundtrack directly from the game! I'm listening to it now, and it just sounds so much better, even the soungs already on the OST have so much more definition and things going in the background that weren't there before!

Of course, there's a big chance that nobody here even cares about NiGHTS's music, since there aren't that many regular posters and we all seem to have very different tastes. But anyway, if anyone cares, simply visit http://www.ultrace.com/uost/nights/.

Now allow me to go back in audio bliss...

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline DarkWolf

RE: NiGHTS Into Dreams - Full Soundtrack!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 06:26:43 am »
I have a Saturn but I haven't gotten NiGHTS into my collection yet.

Offline marioman

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 06:35:50 am »
NiGHTS has a nice soundtrack.  They don't make VG music like that anymore.  The composers for that game did other soundtracks that were very nice.  Tomoko Sasaki did the entire Ristar soundtrack and some miscellaneous Sonic music.  (Some tracks on Heroes and Adventure I think.)  Fumie Kumatani did most of the Chao themes in both Sonic Adventures, and other music in some Sonic games.

I hope that the new NiGHTS game for the Wii has great music like the original.  Hopefully they will not do something ridiculous like having Crush 40 do the music.  I can't stand Jun Senoue or Crush 40.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 10:03:23 am »
Just for Ristar, Tomoko Sasaki deserves a shrine :)

As for NiGHTS on the Wii, I can't see them going for controversial music, since the soundtrack of the original is a big reason why it's remembered so fondly. It all fits the "dream" motif, something that Crush 40 wouldn't at all.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 01:32:19 pm »
Now Ristar I own; great game and soundtrack.

Panzer Dragoon had that awesome track for the first stage, it's better than anything in NiGHTS IMO.  Not that NiGHTS has a bad soundtrack or anything, Take the Snow Train (?title?) is pretty good.