Author Topic: Genghis Khan  (Read 8933 times)

Offline xcalibur201

Genghis Khan
« on: July 06, 2011, 11:47:36 pm »
I'm currently mapping this NES strategy game by Koei. When I'm done, I'll have all the battlefields for Mongol and World conquest (41 in total, plus the 2 global maps).

I've got the basic mapping done, the difficult part will be getting all the staging areas for the various borders. Some countries have borders with as many as 5 or 6 other countries, so I'll have to use savestates to invade from every angle.

As a macfag, I'm currently using Pixen to work with the screencaps. I've had a few minor issues, such as the colors getting darker when I merge layers, but I'll figure it out in time.

Here's an example of what I'm doing, country 7, england:

Projects

Genghis Khan (NES) - Complete

Offline xcalibur201

Re: Genghis Khan
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 04:22:10 pm »
nevermind, it turns out I can make a PNG without blending layers, and it comes out fine.

I'll give updates as I progress.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:30:08 pm by xcalibur201 »
Projects

Offline xcalibur201

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 12:11:27 pm »
I've now got all the screenshots I need to complete this. There are 50 invasion routes in mongol conquest, and 106 in world conquest, so it got pretty involved. Savestates, as well as an in-depth gamefaqs guide with all the borders, helped alot. Putting it all together in Pixen should be fairly straightforward.

As you may have noticed, there are already maps of this game on gamefaqs. But there are two important differences:

1. They are diagrams, while mine are in-game graphics, and
2. My maps have the staging areas for invasions, while the diagrams do not.

I should be submitting sometime soon. Is there any guide for submission, besides emailing them as .zips? I haven't found any general instructions.
Projects

Offline xcalibur201

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 06:10:25 am »
Done and submitted!
Projects