Author Topic: Transformers on DVD & HD-DVD  (Read 7254 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Transformers on DVD & HD-DVD
« on: October 16, 2007, 07:46:16 am »
Sure, there's the one-disc DVD, the two-disc DVD, the one-disc HD-DVD (I think?), and the two-disc HD-DVD (which I will be getting), but there are way too many store-exclusive bonuses.

I was going to make a poll about them but now there are so many to decide between:

Summary of DVD exclusives @ TFW2005.com by Tim Formas

Wow.  What to get?

(I guess I'm limited to the Canadian ones, though...)

EDIT: Unfortunately it seems like the bonuses available to me only apply to the standard DVD versions.  No bonus for getting the HD-DVD version except the HD quality itself, I guess.  >_<

Offline RT 55J

RE: Transformers on DVD &amp; HD-DVD
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 06:59:38 pm »
i'm going to watch the movie right now. ;)

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 10:31:33 am »
I saw it again last night.  Tonight I'll look at the special features.  I have to figure out a way to route an ethernet cable to my HD-DVD player for the web-exclusive features like the "health meters" and GPS and stuff.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 09:45:40 am »
I had a pretty successful movie night party last Friday.  Even though the people who hadn't seen Transformers before, ironically, couldn't show up or stay through the whole thing.  >_<

I now have the player physically hooked up, but the web features don't seem to work.  It says it can't connect.

My brother tested the ethernet cable with his laptop and it works fine, and I'm sure if the disc was mass-produced with this problem, I would've heard about it, so ruling out the cable and the disc (unless it's my disc specifically, which is doubtful), it must be my player.

Maybe it needs a firmware upgrade or something...

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 11:43:55 am »
I'm looking forward to getting mine. My sister and her boyfriend bought the special edition for my upcoming birthday (November 5th), but I won't actually get it until we celebrate our combined birthday tomorrow. I'm looking forward to finally seeing it as God intended: in glorious English that is, instead of that uber-crappy Quebec dub.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 04:53:52 pm »
You're a twin? Huh. Happy birthday in advance!