Author Topic: XX days until Super Smash Bros. Brawl! (SPOILERS!)  (Read 40732 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: XX days until Super Smash Bros. Brawl! (SPOILERS!)
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 11:53:18 am »
I finally got around to pre-ordering it today.  They say it'll likely be a day later in Canada, so I may not get it until Mar. 10...  MAR10, how appropriate.

While I always thought it would be cool to have discounts on VC games for having/playing certain Wii games, that gets a little hairy when you consider that anyone could pass around save files for games and/or the Wii games themselves and then everyone would get a VC game for less.  At best they'd probably include a Wii Points Card (likely less than the usual 2000 Points cards, I'm sure) with a game.

I don't see Nintendo doing that, though.  But VC demos are a good idea, and if not in the Wii Menu itself, at least it's with a game that is likely to be a top-seller and somewhat appropriate given the history behind the characters in the game.  Would be nice if more demos became available if you had your Wii online as more VC games come out.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 09:43:25 pm »

It's been said that this may be the opening.

I like it, but for some reason I kind of hope it isn't the final version of the opening - I liked Melee's opening much better.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was another opening and it included several of the shots in this montage.  Maybe the video's music timing is off or something.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 02:46:23 pm »
Spoilers galore.

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!

Offline Revned

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 03:57:58 pm »
Green Hill Zone looks cool. I'm really looking forward to this game.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 08:35:30 pm »
Awesome link, RT-55J!

Not much more, but here:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=180787

I find this scene somewhat amusing:

User posted image

And lots of story spoilers here in video form:

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2008, 06:46:38 pm »
Well, it's out in Japan today!

They call this the "Game Modes Intro", but I'd say it's a thorough summary:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various26.html

All right!  Deflicker!  :P

Then there's this video, OMG!

Offline marioman

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 08:14:56 am »
Nice.  Do you know where I can find a video of the final SSE boss?  I have seen the ending cutscenes, but not the actual final boss fight.  Thanks.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 10:40:39 am »
I saw a site yesterday with a bunch of videos...if i find it again I'll let you know.  Though I think it had the ending but not the boss fight, now that I think about it.  So you probably saw that too.

I've seen enough of the game for myself at this point (as have anyone else who's been through this topic), that I'm not going to check out the ending or the boss fight.  No sense outright ruining it.

I thought it was neat that the story is written by the guy who wrote the Final Fantasy games from VII onwards (except for IX and XI), as well as the spinoffs (VII: Advent Children, Crisis Core: VII, X-2, etc.) and the Kingdom Hearts games.  (I like Final Fantasy VI and IX though, but you can't deny that counts for something.)  That would explain the epicness of it, and would have to turn some Square-Enix fanboys' heads.

Oh, and the link to the soundtrack torrent is here:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141013

Absolutely epic!  Though they kind of use the Super Smash Bros. Brawl theme song a bit too much.  Most of the new songs I've heard so far seem like remixes of the same themes we've heard in the trailers...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 02:54:00 pm »
Apparently The Subspace Emissary is lengthier than expected.  Some people are saying it's about as long as many other standalone games.  One review said ten hours.  Wow!

I'd normally detest most games less than 20 hours long but considering that's only part of the game, even five hours would be incredible, IMO.

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2008, 04:19:48 am »
Well... 11 days left (for the US)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 07:13:22 am »
10 days left (in Canada, assuming it is a day later, which could still just be an assumption).

I'm sure my mom will pick it up for me during the day (go parents!) but that Monday will be a tough day of work to get through.  Maybe all week.  If only it'd come out before a weekend instead of after.  At least there's the Easter long weekend coming up soon after that...

Last night I heard of some program (BIN2JPG or something) that lets you export the pictures from the game.  More accurately, you save screenshots within the game to your SD card, transfer the files to a PC, and that program can export them out of your save data and into a JPEG.  Nifty!

Supposedly it's here: http://www.mediafire.com/?glz2jdgz2l5

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2008, 07:33:31 am »
6 days for you lot.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2008, 07:15:03 am »
An EBGames guy called my house saying that they expect the game to come out on the 9th, not the 10th.  So if that's the case, then it's only 5 days!  :D

1 day difference is a big deal 'cause I'd rather start playing the game on a Sunday than a Monday.  I have things on my plate that I have to do but I bet I can get through all of SSE on that Sunday.  I can't play multiplayer with my brother until he's done exams (he has such willpower!) and I'm not going to go online until I actually master using somebody...

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 04:15:47 pm »
Yes... it is 5. However, when I posted "6 days for you lot" at the time, I was aware that it was March 9th, and it was March 3rd when I posted that and erm... 3+6 = 9 <_< not 10 >_>

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 06:59:23 pm »
I was told the 10th earlier by the EB Games.  Canada's gotten games a day later on occasion, so I wasn't surprised.  That's what I meant, being surprised that it matched the American date.

Anyway, I'm not much of a GAFfer, but this thread is incredible...the possible screenshots are awesome, especially with that image extracting program...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247924