Author Topic: What's everyone up to this summer?  (Read 8655 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

What's everyone up to this summer?
« on: July 26, 2008, 11:33:04 am »
With the forums being very quiet lately, I figured (or hoped) that most of the regular posters were just too busy enjoying their summer vacations, or just the summer (hopefully, you've had better weather than us; we've broken records of precipitations over the last two months in Quebec dating back to the 19th century).

Personally, I've been really busy with work, and since I've already taking my vacation days to go to China this spring, I'm working harder than usual to cover my coworkers who *are* enjoying their vacations. Heck, with all the overtime I've been doing lately, I haven't done any mapping in over a month, and hardly any gaming as well.

To top it off, I managed to break my left pinky tow Thursday night (yeah, my first bone fracture!) while running after my cat to lock up her for the night (I can't let her run free at night, because she pends 90% of it walking over/rubbing on/rolling next to/meowing at me, either for attention or for food. Let's just see that just as I was springing into a sprint, my little toe slammed into a wall corner really hard, giving me the most pain such an action ever gave me (being a bit clumsy, I bang my toes often enough, just never hard enough to break something).

It took an hour to see a nurse, then four hours for an x-ray, and finally one more hour for a diagnostic, which was frustrating but understandable since there are only one doctor on staff for the emergency room.

Anyway, the bone is cracked but not completely broken, so I can still walk and go about my day as long as I'm careful and I keep tying my fourth and little toe together for three weeks. At least it's not painful as long as I don't strain it.

Anyway, enough about me (heck, it's so empty here I can my voice echoing back to me :) ), how is everyone doing?

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Maxim

RE: What's everyone up to this summer?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 02:12:56 pm »
I spent almost all my holiday going to China for the New Year (in February), so I have to work. I have 3 holiday days left for the year (in the UK most people get 20-25 per year).

I also broke my "pinky" toe, but my break was in the middle of my foot and I broke it just by walking normally. That actually makes a a lot more annoying. My only bone break ever (despite a few times crashing into cars on my bike).

So, weird coincidences abound.

Offline Revned

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 02:54:34 pm »
Been working. I have an internship and an apartment about an hour south of home. It's been fun, and surprisingly it wasn't hard at all to adjust to full-time work. Most of my free time is spent playing console games. I'm usually too tired to map in the evenings.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 03:19:38 pm »
Oh yeah, I bought an apartment, then it all fell through. A great way to waste a lot of time.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 03:49:05 pm »
I had a couple toe injuries this year too, but I guess I was lucky enough to not get any fractures. Then again, a fracture might've been less painful than having one of my toenails being ripped of while walking up a staircase, but I wouldn't know since I've never broken a bone.

Anyways, I had two separate week long summer camp things in June, and in August I'll have two different week long campout trip thingies. One will be a biking trip with my Boy Scout troop/crew/team/whateverit'scalled, and the other one will be a some of my extended family.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 04:15:24 pm »
I've been working and trying to look for a house.  Apartments suck.

Offline Will

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 11:39:59 pm »
I work on voluntary basis every weekday at a centre for handicapped and disabled people at a place called Dar-Tal Providenza. There I refine, sort and pack herbs and pickled vegetables in preparation of every two seasons of a car boot sale. At my homeland Siggiewi we celebrate the feast of Saint Nicholas, but in the middle of summer instead of Christmas like many would expect.