Author Topic: Message Board Suggestion  (Read 13313 times)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
Message Board Suggestion
« on: April 20, 2006, 11:58:53 am »
While there isn't a specific board for this, I'm sure this topic will be moved once one exists.

But something I'd like to see once any other more pressing issues are addressed is the signature. I really think it should be dynamic and not just part of the post. So if I change my sig in the future, its reflected on all of my posts and not just new ones.

---

Cool beans

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
RE: Message Board Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 12:00:42 pm »
Another suggestion is to add the user who last posted along with the time stamp on the board list.

---

Cool beans

Offline Inty

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 12:03:24 pm »
Back when we were on wF i made it have dynamic sigs.  But i like to have them static. It brings memories when you read the same posts from 6months ago to have a different sig.. Meh <_<

---

Listen well...will you marry me? Are you well in the suffering?
&lt;b&gt;I need &pound;5 paypal to pay subs ._.&lt;/b&gt;

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 12:08:00 pm »
Then I'll throw in my vote for dynamic sigs, if it's not too difficult.

My concern is not so much about whether sigs are dynamic, but how big they are.  Especially if we allow for image sigs.  I hate it when a sig image is larger than the post.  You wouldn't write a letter and sign it with a signature larger than the whole letter, would you?

Of course, images relates to items, which is another series of issues altogether.  I like the idea of requiring an item for functions like images (it encourages daily posting to earn enough Gold, and also then newbies can't abuse images), but for the regulars already used to them, I may just give them the Images item.  It may not make up for the lost posts but it's something.