Author Topic: Game Codes and Cheats - All Kinds; Official and Fan-Made  (Read 19103 times)

Offline Eggz

Game Codes and Cheats - All Kinds; Official and Fan-Made
« on: June 20, 2008, 06:55:54 pm »
So I just stumbled on this website that's the biggest dump of cheat codes for old games on old systems I've ever seen. and the cool part; a good portion of the cheats were *created* by game hackers, not official codes, but they do have a section for the old Game Genie codes and stuff.

GSHI

Now if this is old news, then I'm sorry ^^; But finding a Walk Through Walls code for the game I'm mapping (which doesn't have an official one and I can't figure out how to hack screen scrolling to save my life) just floored me.

Enjoy.

---

This looks like a job for Science!
This looks like a job for Science!

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Game Codes and Cheats - All Kinds; Official and Fan-Made
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 07:31:36 pm »
Well, I certainly didn't know about this site, but with a name like that, it was unlikely to ever come out in a Google Search. I'd be beside myself if I could find a useful code for a game I'm currently mapping.

Thanks for sharing!

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Will

Re: Game Codes and Cheats - All Kinds; Official and Fan-Made
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 02:25:39 am »
Now this is a very interesting case I've come across when applying code in one of the SNES games, Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage.

At http://gamehacking.org/?s=bsfree2&sys=4&gid=2354, the jump codes don't appear to work and when I typed DDB3-3404, instead of getting multiple jump after jumping, the ground loses its clippings and Bugs falls down offscreen. That only happened on the (E) version of the game. But the codes workly perfectly on the (U)(!) version. Interesting that different versions of the same code respond differently to codes.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 08:04:54 am »
When a game is localized or they release a revision, sometimes the memory addresses of certain values can change.  Usually the address is somewhere close to the code though.  For example I found a Phantasy Star II code that I had to move +/- a few bytes to get working on the particular revision I was using.

Offline Troy Lundin

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 02:12:28 pm »
When a game is localized or they release a revision, sometimes the memory addresses of certain values can change.  Usually the address is somewhere close to the code though.  For example I found a Phantasy Star II code that I had to move +/- a few bytes to get working on the particular revision I was using.

A great example of this is Crystal Chronicles on the DS. Not only are the memory addresses different for each region, half of them use pointers while the other half don't. When I created my save editor of the game I wasn't very amused. :D

Offline Will

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 01:24:12 pm »
GSHI website is not active anymore. You will have to get your codes elsewhere.

Offline KingKuros

Offline Trop

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 06:59:43 pm »
The still exist, they're right here:
http://gamehacking.org/