Author Topic: Super Mario Fusion: Mario Vs. Bubble Man  (Read 9011 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Super Mario Fusion: Mario Vs. Bubble Man
« on: January 20, 2008, 08:27:17 pm »

Normally I'm not a big fan of fan-made games for a couple reasons - but at least the one reason about them usually not being well-made can be thrown out the window for this one.

This Super Mario Fusion game is worth a look, at least.  In this video (made by the creator, JudgeSpear2, as a demo video), you can see the Mega Man II crossover as Mario takes on Bubble Man's stage (beginning at about 1:50).  It's neat to see how "compatible" Mario is with a Mega Man stage.  There's also some Halo and Doom stages, but they don't feel like they fit as well, likely because they're shooters...

Offline DarkWolf

RE: Super Mario Fusion: Mario Vs. Bubble Man
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 09:46:50 pm »
The Bubble Man stage looked pretty cool.  Then I went and watched the video for the Doom level.  Ouch.

It's too bad he's spent all this time working on something that can't be legally released.  Maybe he should have titled the game "Copyright Infringement" instead.

Offline Revned

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 10:04:47 pm »
Cool concept. The problem I usually have with fan-made games is the controls, but this one looks pretty accurate.

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 08:10:59 am »
Dang.. this is an old post.. Hope it's OK.

This is cool. I like that blending in with a Mega Man game. The problem I have with fanmade games is that most if not all of them, are crap, and the originals are much better. Except that Mega Man 7 remake for the NES emulator by the Japanese guy. Japanese folks are very talented.

This demo uses some nice things in it. I agree with Jon, this one is an exception. I wonder where to get the actual game and play it, even though it's not official. I also wonder how and where did they get/do the water bg for the Bubble Level.. nice looking.

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:22:44 am »
That was a pretty interesting video. Should have the ability to buy power ups and such.

---

Creator of over 760 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!