VGMaps
May 25, 2019, 11:03:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Megaman Wily Wars playthrough  (Read 5477 times)
Will

« on: August 20, 2008, 03:31:02 AM »

I've played through the Sega Genesis game Megaman Wily Wars many times but I am unable to access the Wily Tower place. Do you Geminiman, Grizzly or anyone know how access is possible? I understand that the save files and playing through all three games have something to do with it, but I can't be sure what I need to do. Thanks in advance to any helpful instructions.
marioman

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 04:19:46 AM »

IIRC, there is a certain version of the ROM that allows you to access Wily Tower.  (Mega Man - The Wily Wars (E) [h2] I think.)  Otherwise, you can get a savestate from Mega Man PC.  (It's at the bottom of the page.)
vorpal86

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 05:36:59 AM »

Ahh yeah, I remember about this. None of the Gens emulators will system ram/save that game. You must use a save state. And of course, in order to get to wily tower you must have all levels complete and saved to the Cart Ram. I played it and couldn't for any purpose get the game to save proper. I only like using save states mostly when save states would have been good to have, like over a password feature that was really long.

Mario;

You say that version will allow you to save the game properly into srm? Or,is this a hacked version of the game with access to wily tower already on it? I'd rather like to properly play through and save the game.
TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 05:53:35 AM »

I'm surprised that there's a working version of the ROM too. I used a Game Genie code myself to access Wily Tower after playing through all three individual games, but it doesn't feel the same.

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)

Current project that I really should try to finish:
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Pending project:
-A ton of stuff that will never be finished
marioman

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 02:02:41 PM »

Take note that I am not sure about how that ROM works.  I just seem to remember that the particular version that I mentioned solves the Wily Tower problem in some way.
Ryan Ferneau

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 12:40:59 AM »

I know you can at least reach it the normal way in the Japanese version.  You need a ROM that can save, though.  I believe it's actually the [a1] one in the GoodGen set, not the plain one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: