Author Topic: What are you doing with your long weekend?  (Read 10260 times)

Online JonLeung

• Administrator
What are you doing with your long weekend?
« on: May 19, 2006, 05:37:33 pm »
Us Canadians have Victoria Day, I guess you American guys have Memorial Day.  Or is that next weekend?

I will probably get around to updating VGMaps.com (finally), and maybe figuring out some stuff for the boards.  I ought to write SOMEthing about E3 since that was why they let me in as media, and if I do have time, I will probably be playing Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within (I'm a little behind, so sue me) or New Super Mario Bros.

(I haven't played Animal Crossing as regularly as I used to, and I always end up playing at night on weekdays, so maybe I'll try to catch some day-only springtime bugs and fish that come out only during the day that I haven't got yet.  Can you believe I still don't have a Golden Slingshot, despite having the game since the first weekend it was available in December?  Stupid gift balloons don't come at night!  >_<)

Offline Revned

RE: What are you doing with your long weekend?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 06:22:02 pm »
Memorial Day is the 29th, so no. Unless I get a job, though, I'm off until August. I'd really like to get some reading done. Probably some Poe and Shakespeare for starts. My friend also wants to teach me Old Norse. It'll be tough, but he thinks I can do it. He's fluent.

I haven't played Animal Crossing in months. I even gave up watering my plants. I sometimes wonder if plants wilt and die if I don't turn the DS on, but I know if I turn it on I'll have to water, so I don't do anything. Hmm. I need to get the New Super Mario Bros. game. It looks really cool.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 06:52:51 pm »
Cool, the board's social life is active again!

Me, I've gone to visit my sister and her boyfriend for the weekend, and I just came back.

We played a lot of Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion as well as a really neat board game called Arkham Horrors, which is taking place in Lovecraft's Cthulhu universe.

We also watched two movies: The Darkness (really good psychological thriller that doesn't resort to gore to be scary) and a really cheesy sci-fi movie called Cherry 2000 that made us laugh a lot.

All that, plus great food and booze. What more can a guy ask for?

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Online JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 10:13:48 pm »
^I would say, but it goes without saying and properly shouldn't.

All right, you Americans.  Now you have your long weekend.  So what's up?

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 11:17:14 pm »
Bah, working from home means no long weekends.

---

Cool beans

Offline Dan

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 02:53:11 am »
Playing video games, hanging out with friends, relishing the final few weeks of no responsibility.  That's what I'm doing.