Author Topic: Peardian's map projects in progress and planned  (Read 256719 times)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
RE: Peardian's map projects in progress and planned
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 08:32:04 am »
As you all have probably noticed, my SMRPG remapping project has been charging ahead full steam, over half the game being done in the past week or so. Well, as it turns out, my spring break ends after today, so progress will be slowing down again. Not to worry, though. Depending on how much classwork I have, I could have the rest of SMRPG done in a week or so.

Also, as it turns out, this morning TMK released all the stats of the enemies in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. I'm considering going back and adding all the stats onto my maps. I won't be completely remapping MLSS or anything, just adding info. With a good amount of time, I could probably add it all in one day.

Oh, and there's a good chance that in a month from now, I'll have the Dry Dry Ruins map finished.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 10:53:33 am by Peardian »
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 11:27:00 pm »
Good news, everyone! I just finished the Factory map, and thus SMRPG is (once again) complete! Only took me five straight hours.

Dry Dry Ruins is going smoothly, and in fact I only have three rooms of it left to fix up. I'll probably concentrate on it and Peach's Castle the rest of this week and have it in on Saturday.

Once that is done, I might consider going in and adding enemy stats to my Superstar Saga maps.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 10:53:07 am by Peardian »

Offline magicbay

• this isn't me.. just a celeb i like..
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 11:54:26 pm »
I know this is kind of a pain in the hind end, but has anyone thought about mapping out Simcity?

John won't let me submit the maps I've gotten since I got my maps from someone else. I don't know how to crop the maps together so the maps could take up less space.

I understand your complaints, John.  I've given up the ghost of submitting my maps and am throwing the question out there to both you and to the other members of the site to see if they'd like to do Simcity.

Offline Raccoon Sam

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 05:51:59 pm »
I'm attempting Umihara kawase at the moment.

Offline Wario Bros

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 07:56:51 pm »
Wow, you're getting busy!  It would be interesting to see the Zelda 64 games ripped.  Good luck!

---

Games I'd like to rip:

The Great Giana Sisters (Commodore 64) - Super Mario Bros. Special (NEC PC-8801) - Balloon Fight GB (Gameboy Color) - Giana Sisters DS (DS)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 09:43:51 pm »
I have never played SimCity (don't hurt me), and I'm quite busy, so... no, I will not map it. I am not taking requests.

By the way, I finished Chapter 2 of Paper Mario.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 10:52:52 am by Peardian »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 09:58:45 pm »
I thought this topic was about Peardian's work, so there was some confusion with the last few posts there...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 07:43:44 pm »
Peardian's Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 e-Reader stage maps get some recognition here:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=80274

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359432

Call me bitter but while Peardian's e-Reader maps and TenguMan's Mega Man 9 maps get a GoNintendo mention, my April Fools' projects always get snubbed.  Thanks a lot, GoNintendo. >_<

Not that these maps aren't worthy, they certainly are, but I don't get why it's only news now...weren't these mapped a long time ago?  It's like someone else has to make a NeoGAF post about something to make it worth mentioning on GoNintendo, even years after the fact.

Well, I guess I shouldn't complain that I'm getting GoNintendo publicity at all, even if it is indirect...

Someone should plug the Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars or the Paper Mario maps on NeoGAF if that's really all it takes...

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 12:19:06 am »
Wow, that's nifty. :D

Oh, and sorry that I haven't been doing any mapping recently. Last two weeks of the semester are busy! I'm thinking of going and modifying my MLSS maps to add enemy data in between exams, though. Shouldn't be nearly as difficult as remapping the whole game.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 10:52:28 am by Peardian »

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 09:43:28 pm »
Took me long enough, but I finally went and added the enemy stats to the Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga maps. Some stats had to be improvised (I'm fairly sure the first Fawful boss didn't have 99 attack...) and the guide lacked elemental resistance/weakness, but otherwise everything is there.

Oh, and other maps I've done recently:
-1 - 2: Watch Out Below! (YI)
-Mission 4-3 (YTT)
-Forever Forest (PM)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 10:51:56 am by Peardian »

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2009, 05:09:41 pm »
First off, I would like to apologize for my lengthy period of inactivity. Earlier this month I began the daunting task of ripping the planet animations from Star Fox 64. With 20600 files I had to sort out, it pretty much consumed my free time and energy. It is very much in control now, and I have already finished five of the eight planets. Hopefully, my productivity will increase when I finish.

The main reason I'm posting this message, however, is to say these things:
-I just finished the Boo's Mansion map for Paper Mario, meaning I have officially reached the 50% progress mark! Why is 50% halfway through Chapter 3? Because two chapters have only one big area to explore instead of several small ones.
-I got the The Legendary Starfy for the DS and love it. It plays a lot like Wario Land, which surprised me. I am definitely going to try and map the three GBA games that never made it to the rest of the world.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 10:51:36 am by Peardian »

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Re: Peardian's map projects in progress and planned
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 10:08:42 pm »
Just a little update since the topic was reverted to an older version.

-I finished the planets I was talking about. Look for them on The Spriter's Resource at some time or another.
-I've mapped the first four levels in World 1 of Yoshi's Island and have 1-5 layed out and ready to be ripped.
-I've finished Chapter 3 of Paper Mario and am currently preparing Chapter 4. Expect it in a week.
-I mapped a few Yoshi Topsy-Turvy missions just because.
-I have yet to touch Wario Land 4 again for whatever reason.

A new school semester has started, and this one is proving to be a handful. It's not leaving me much time to do anything but work on Paper Mario models before class, so I haven't even been doing any drawing. Once I get used to the routine, I'm sure the other maps will start flowing again.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2009, 11:57:00 am »
Bit of an unforunate little announcement. In addition to my classes this semester being confusing and demanding, my laptop's virtual machine of Windows has contracted some type of virus. I'll talk about it more in another topic, but basically it makes any SNES mapping very tedious. This means that as much as I'd love to right now, I won't be able to map Yoshi's Island until I get it fixed. I could still work on it the few weekends I'm home, but I'd much rather spend the time ripping Paper Mario. This might also affect Wario Land 4, but we'll see. At least I can still map YTT for sure.

I'll let you know as soon as things get better.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2009, 07:50:04 pm »
Good news, everyone! My computer was finally rid of whatever it was. I just completely reinstalled it. (That led to an terrible week-long fight against Vundo, but things are all clear now.) In order to celebrate this long-awaited recovery, I'm going on a little mapping spree (like I should have done over the summer). I've already gone and finished Chapter 4 of Yoshi Topsy-Turvy, which I started back in March, thus bringing me up to the midpoint of the game. I also have the rest Chapter 5 of Paper Mario in the works, and it will be ready this weekend.

Of course, schoolwork comes first, and I have quite a bit of it, so don't expect a constant flow like today, but I'll try my best.

Update: Chapter 5 of Paper Mario done. I also took the time to map all of the Super Smash Bros. bonus stages!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 04:07:04 pm by Peardian »

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2009, 02:14:30 pm »
You forgot the bumper in Samus's Break the Target stage.

(I'm not sure if you forgot any others. I only remember that one because it was so annoying. :P )