VGMaps
November 20, 2017, 04:58:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Restored Access / New Forums?  (Read 17283 times)
bustin98
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2009, 12:37:06 PM »

Maybe, starter threads for posts are handled differently also.

Its not impossible, but I need to make a mapping of table columns. I'm thinking about exporting each table and making modifications by hand. Nothing I do will affect this forum though.

---

Cool beans
Maxim

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2009, 07:08:35 AM »

If password salting means you can't migrate users, you can probably port everything as "anonymous" (without ever actually allowing anonymous posting) using the username text and then re-associate with actual users once they're registered in the new system. I did this to port from a registration-free forum (wwwthreads) to phpBB; with a small number of "regulars" there's not many people to migrate anyway.
DarkWolf

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 11:40:31 AM »

I looked through the SMF code a little bit and it looks like there is code there to support bringing in other hashes.  Check out LogInOut.php at about line 306.

I could be wrong though, I just browsed through the code a bit on my lunch break.
Maxim

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 03:27:08 AM »

So what's the destination board software?
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2009, 06:53:47 AM »

From the little I've seen so far, the potential new forum looks pretty good! Cheesy I approve, that is, once we've seen if users and posts can migrate safely.
The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »

Is this so-called new forum still going ahead?
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 06:32:45 AM »

I emailed bustin yesterday and he says he hasn't forgotten; in fact he thinks about it pretty often.

Things will happen when they do...
The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 12:09:44 PM »

Well yeah, I wasn't expecting to be using the "new" forums now, I just wondered if it was still going to happen, or if it was decided that these forums were alright as it is. Also, I assume that by how it says (c) PMD 2005-06, these forums (or at least this version) hasn't been updated since 2006.
Inty

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2009, 04:47:31 AM »

Good idea, though bustin said we should be able to transfer without a problem.  The posts should safely migrate.  At least as long as bustin says so.  Now if it was Inty making that promise, that would be a different story...  >_>

So what did happen yesterday, anyway, bustin?  Was it something to do with GoDaddy all along?  Did they give you any crap for pretending to be me?  Tongue

Aw, come on man. That was a good amount of years ago now and i'm sure i've apologised and even told you i was going through a bad time back then. No need to take little digs at me 3-4yrs after i've been away from the scenes. Nice to see the sites still stable though and long may it continue.

<b>I need £5 paypal to pay subs ._.</b>
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 06:18:49 AM »

>_>

Sorry...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: