VGMaps
October 15, 2018, 08:16:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you capture images in Windows Media Player?  (Read 4458 times)
JonLeung
Administrator

« on: December 11, 2008, 05:21:28 PM »

Now I know about going into the Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot and sliding the Hardware Accleration down to None, which usually works, but now I'm trying to capture images from a DVD and it doesn't work because as soon as I decelerate it I lose the image in Windows Media Player.

Any ideas?
Peardian

Busy busy

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 05:24:18 PM »

I had to go out and find a DVD player that supported screen capturing features. It worked great, but was a demo and you could only really use it for one sitting before having to go and completely uninstall it and stuff. I don't remember the name either, sorry. Sad

If I find a way, I'll let you know.

---

YTT (32%) - WL4 (60%) - PM (25%)

MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!
Piranhaplant

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 05:48:46 PM »

If you have windows movie maker, which comes with a lot of computers, you can screen capture from there.

---

Games I have mapped--Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES), Mario Party 3 (N64), Super Mario Bros Deluxe (GBC), New Super Mario Bros. (DS), Mario Kart DS (DS)

Games I have mapped--Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES), Mario Party 3 (N64), Super Mario Bros Deluxe (GBC), New Super Mario Bros. (DS), Mario Kart DS (DS)
Revned

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 06:54:34 PM »

I believe what you're seeing is a form of copy protection. It doesn't let me take screenshots at all when my DVD player application is running. I used to have a 3rd party program that re-enabled it, though.

dammit9x

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 07:41:04 PM »

Works fine with Media Player Classic, as long as you use something besides Overlay Mixer for DirectShow Video.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm

Doesn't answer your question but it's a solution.
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 08:26:35 PM »

Never mind, I found that using VideoLAN/VLC Player works.  It has a screenshot option, no need to mess with stupid hardware acceleration/deceleration or overlays.
Ryan Ferneau

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 08:33:37 PM »

I know there's a button to take a still from a video in Windows Movie Maker, at least in the XP version.
DarkWolf

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 07:55:25 PM »

I was going to mention VLC, but you've already found it.  I use it as my main media player.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: